André Green

sir_gary_cahill

I thought he was excellent, a magnificent finish but he also kept stretching their defence and he looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet, he thinks very quickly. 

He's still not brilliant at finishing obviously, but this was a very positive performance, cleared a lot of my doubts about him today. 

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I kept getting frustrated when he got near the penalty area then kept almost stopping completely, but then he scored that screamer ha ha

Me too. This has been a criticism I've given him for quite a while. For a pacy player, he has a frustrating knack of slowing play down when he gets into, what should be, a dangerous position.

I'm really pleased he got his goal, as it'll do him the world of good. I want him to keep trying these curling shots like Ashley Young used to do.

Oh, also, if heading's not for him, maybe he should work on a Balotelli style shoulder to nonchalantly tap the ball into these open nets :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Very good game today. Still inconsistent but when he delivers he delivers. 

Great goal. 

Some of his crosses were impressive too. Just a kid so hard to expect total package but he is showing signs he be a good player

Judging by the thread so far I'm probably in a very, very small minority, but I'm not really seeing it with this kid. 

He scored a great goal today, but he has also missed 2 or 3 chances that would likely make it on to an end of season bloopers reel. He rarely looks to take his man on, he always seems to cut back inside which slows the game up. 

He's obviously a very young lad and no doubt all these things can be improved upon, but I've not got the same excitement about him that i have with O'hare and Davis.

Â