André Green

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, sne said:

Agree.

That's the problem.

Give any random guy more money than he has sense to handle and there's always a large portion who transforms themselves into a bedazzled bell end who still gets pissed with their mates at any opportunity given.

Add to that his old friends who want's a free ride, agents, advisers, family and all the golddiggers shiny things can buy.

Sadly this is where a lot of promising careers die.

Really hope Villa as a club has things in order to make sure our talents doesn't go that way.

Are you talking about Jack?  Lee?

Just now, srsmithusa said:

Are you talking about Jack?  Lee?

Oh no one in particular for our club.

Countless of players around the world who've lost their way and squandered their talent.

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Or even, just watch the games and use your memory, crazy thought.

The problem with that is that there is no garantee that the one watching actually understands what is going on during a game.

So Stats are actually quite usefull for those.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What is even wrong with him? Seems to have been injured forever.  Desperately need him back to replace Snodders or Adomah because wingers they ain't. 

Adomah is literally the best winger we have? Do you mean Onomah when he has to play out wide? God damn auto-correct.

2 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

Adomah is literally the best winger we have? Do you mean Onomah when he has to play out wide? God damn auto-correct.

Each to their own, I think Adomah is a terrible winger. 

Just now, carewjust4u said:

Adomah has been absolutely fantastic this season and his goal return is impressive, but i get where @sidcow is coming from. He isn't a winger in the traditional sense. 

Adomah and Snodgrass are both strange wingers for me. If you are playing 3 behind a striker you need the wide lads to play quite narrow, otherwise there is a big gap between midfield and attack and the striker is isolated. 

Adomah and Snodgrass both start by hunging the touchline but don't operate as traditional wingers in terms of going past players and getting crosses in. 

For me you operate in the traditional way, or work really narrow to support the striker. 

Snodgrass and Adomah do neither of these. 

7 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

why?

Because he runs down the wing then either a) is tackled b ) stops and passes the ball back to the fullback or c) hits a terrible cross. 

When he or Snodders are set down the wing I cannot even get excited anymore because I just know what's coming. 

Case in point was last week when he was set free down the wing in acres of space, Hogan made a good run to the near post which he must have seen but instead he hoofed it over everyone and it nearly went out for a throw in on the far side of the pitch. 

If you think he's good than fair play, it's a matter of opinion and we have different views, but I would be putting Green back into the team at the earliest possible opportunity. 

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Adomah has been absolutely fantastic this season and his goal return is impressive, but i get where @sidcow is coming from. He isn't a winger in the traditional sense. 

Adomah and Snodgrass are both strange wingers for me. If you are playing 3 behind a striker you need the wide lads to play quite narrow, otherwise there is a big gap between midfield and attack and the striker is isolated. 

Adomah and Snodgrass both start by hunging the touchline but don't operate as traditional wingers in terms of going past players and getting crosses in. 

For me you operate in the traditional way, or work really narrow to support the striker. 

You make a valid point and it is a good-observation, but I think in this system you need to play with wide-players to stretch the defence across the pitch (for the record, i am not a fan of this style, but it's the one we;re stuck with). We do not play patient and assertive attacking football, so you need to utilise your wide-forwards to make those runs down the touchline, and unsettle the oppo's back four...do it enough times and the ball will find an attacking player in the box and you will score (see today as an example). 

I find it strange that you criticise Admoah on not getting the ball into the box, as this is his biggest asset for me (see last season with Kodija). You have to remember he is playing on his weaker foot on the left wing, and will naturally cut inside. Also, he has Hogan, Grealish and Snodgrass as options..all under 6tft...if you're in his position, i cannot fault him for not trying to cross to them.

Snodgrass on the other hand has not been a good-winger in any sense for us, and you're definitely right on that .I'd probably bring green in and displace Snodgrass.

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Because he runs down the wing then either a) is tackled b ) stops and passes the ball back to the fullback or c) hits a terrible cross. 

When he or Snodders are set down the wing I cannot even get excited anymore because I just know what's coming. 

Case in point was last week when he was set free down the wing in acres of space, Hogan made a good run to the near post which he must have seen but instead he hoofed it over everyone and it nearly went out for a throw in on the far side of the pitch. 

If you think he's good than fair play, it's a matter of opinion and we have different views, but I would be putting Green back into the team at the earliest possible opportunity. 

Please remember he's crossing with his weaker foot, it's harsh to call him a terrible winger because he loses the ball crossing with his weaker foot to players under 6ft tall. Also consider that touching it with his natural foot will always take it away from goal, so he has to beat his man and cross with his left foot, or cut side and play it into the centre with his right. Compare that with the right hand side, where you can use your trickery to beat the full-back and play a cross in with your strong foot (see his assists last season).

You're definitely right on Snodgrass, i can't see what he brings to the team. On the otherhand, Adomah brings directness, goals and game-winning moments. Wasn't Adomah our best assister last season? I think when Kodija comes back and the goals he brings, you'll see Albert go back to his natural right side and play much more like a traditional winger.

5 hours ago, Mr.Messy said:

I do hope he can make it back, I fear that this injury could be the end of his career at this level.

See above. Not sure one torn hamstring would end a career. 

16 hours ago, av1 said:

And yet, they are the ones we can thank for being in a play-off hunt. Without them, we score zero.

Â