André Green

sir_gary_cahill

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

Said before and I'll say again, I'm just not seeing it with this kid. 

I didn't in the beginning either, but he has grown on me.

I definitely see more in him than I ever have with Jack to be honest.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I didn't in the beginning either, but he has grown on me.

I definitely see more in him than I ever have with Jack to be honest.

Respectfully disagree mate. I'm not a fan of Jack either, but i think attitude is why he won't make it. With Geen i don't even see the talent. 

He's not ready for the Premier League. It would hamper his development. He'd struggling to get regular football, but he'd probably get a wage increase. 

Any club would have to pay us a huge amount for us to consider selling him. 

It doesn't seem like a viable deal to me. The interest doesn't surprise me though. Yes got huge amounts of potential. 

In 12 months time, if we're still in the championship, perhaps. 

When I watch Green I see a raw player with a bit of pace and potential. He has a lot of improving to do before he should be considered as a first choice player week in week out. I'm glad he scored his goal because it will add to his self belief, but his finishing and general awareness needs to improve.  He took Hogan's position on Friday, which deprived us of the opportunity to see Hogan supporting Davis, and benefiting from Keinan's hold up play.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Footballers are never the same after injuries/surgeries to their hamstrings, they are niggling and always come back. I remember Green getting a hamstring injury last year as well.

Gutted for the kid but at least he has youth on his side.

Looks like he's out for a while I've been reading up on it.

If it's a hamstring Avulsion injury where the hamstring has pulled away from the bone it will take 6 months to recover if it's distal he will be out for 3 months.

Probably add another 2  - 3 months on top of that trying to get him back match fit not good..

Edited by AshVilla

Shame to see him undergo the knife at his age. He is still developing physically, an injury like this could be very bad news for a player with so much pace as a major asset. 

A different type of injury, but I always said Gardner would never fulfill his potential after suffering that knee injury so young....getting a second one finished him!

This injury has highlighted what a poor transfer window we have just witnessed. If, god forbid, anything happens to Taylor then we basically have no left hand side! To sign two over the hill centre backs (when the defence wasn't the issue) and reduce the squad to one LB whilst not getting cover at LW is staggering.

Adding Snodgrass after getting already Elmohamdy when we already had Adomah (whi is probably better than both)...is also staggering!

• Like 1

Â