André Green

sir_gary_cahill

6 hours ago, av1 said:

Judging by the thread so far I'm probably in a very, very small minority, but I'm not really seeing it with this kid.

He's 19.

I agree that he's missed a few. But again, he's young.

There's something about him that I see in Hourihane - moving into the right space at the right time, reading what's in front of him well. He's definitely got the talent to make his mark in this team. Just needs to keep working.

He has something, like Davis, I haven't really seen in the majority of our youth players. I feel he can be an important player for the club if he keeps working to progress.

• Like 1

I seem to recall he had a very similar attempt last season that rebounded off  the bar, so good on him for having the confidence to have another crack at it. 

34 minutes ago, Heretic said:

He's 19.

I agree that he's missed a few. But again, he's young.

There's something about him that I see in Hourihane - moving into the right space at the right time, reading what's in front of him well. He's definitely got the talent to make his mark in this team. Just needs to keep working.

He has something, like Davis, I haven't really seen in the majority of our youth players. I feel he can be an important player for the club if he keeps working to progress.

I of course hope you're right mate :thumb:

It was a performance that's been coming a while. He really should have five goals by now. Obviously with better finishing but very encouraging he's getting into the right positions on a consistent basis. 

Tear Bristol a new one please Andre! 

• Like 1

So is he still shite then? One poor performance and some wanted us to sign someone since we couldn't rely on him because this n that and now he's right back to being praised (which he should be imo).

Fantastic goal and well deserved. This guy is a real talent.

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

So is he still shite then? One poor performance and some wanted us to sign someone since we couldn't rely on him because this n that and now he's right back to being praised (which he should be imo).

still cant head a ball but we will let him off, not bad for a 29 year old

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

still cant head a ball but we will let him off, not bad for a 29 year old

Tru dat. Shame he's at the wrong end of his career tho. Wouldn't be holding me breff

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

The only issue i have with andre is that we dont really have a backup for him. Anyone else we put wide left is a square peg.

im not really sure how that's an issue with him, though.

• Like 3

great goal for green, still not sure how he managed to miss that chance in the end though as would have been a goal 9/10 if he just hit it with his foot as he had so much time!

green likes the spectacular doesn't he 

Edited by Demitri_C

14 hours ago, osmark86 said:

:huh: Did you even read the posts since his goal? Some people are still questioning his ability, which they're allowed to do. So your 'he's right back to being praised' is way off. He's being praised more than he was before his goal, but criticism has been fairly consistent.

His goal was magnificent, but before his goal I thought he was fairly average (other's might disagree). Luckily his goal gave him a boost of confidence and after that point he seemed really positive. But before his goal, I thought he did a lot of what I've been disappointed with before; receiving the ball in a good position, running forward a bit, but then stopping before a defender, turning around and passing the ball backwards. In these positions I'd like him to take a few risks and attempt to take on players (like he did after he got his goal).

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 13:08, Rob182 said:

:huh: Did you even read the posts since his goal? Some people are still questioning his ability, which they're allowed to do. So your 'he's right back to being praised' is way off. He's being praised more than he was before his goal, but criticism has been fairly consistent.

His goal was magnificent, but before his goal I thought he was fairly average (other's might disagree). Luckily his goal gave him a boost of confidence and after that point he seemed really positive. But before his goal, I thought he did a lot of what I've been disappointed with before; receiving the ball in a good position, running forward a bit, but then stopping before a defender, turning around and passing the ball backwards. In these positions I'd like him to take a few risks and attempt to take on players (like he did after he got his goal).

Fair enough, it was more of a jestful attack on general abundance of fickleness. I think the lad deserves all the praise he's getting right now. I also belong to the category that think he's been consistantly good in the games I've seen him in or at least far from being poor. More importantly even when he's not in beast mode he isn't afraid to challenge opponents which adds positive energy to our attack which I believe is very important for the team overall. I really like the guy, what can I say.. :)

Â