André Green

sir_gary_cahill

47 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Could he do a job up front? I know it is sometimes not ideal for a young prospect to be played out of position but if he could develop the right instincts in the box it would be great. He has the physicality, pace and technique required just a matter of application.

I don't think that would work in such a key season and would cause a stinking reaction amongst fans and more hostility against Bruce.

I don't think Bruce rates him enough to start him, but I feel he should be given a start in the FA Cup atleast. - all in his natural position of course.  :D

Edited by AvfcRigo82

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't think Bruce rates him enough to start him, but I feel he should be given a start in the FA Cup atleast. - all in his natural position of course.  :D

Green started a fair few games at the start of the season. I'd say Bruce rates him highly. However he pulled his hamstring and that's why he hasn't played. 

I follow him on Instagram, he's genuinely an interesting guy. He plays piano, does adventurous life experience type things (not just posting pictures of Dubai hotels like every other footballer) and bought his grandad a massive car for his birthday. 

Makes me think he's a proper person rather than the average dullard footballer. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

I follow him on Instagram, he's genuinely an interesting guy. He plays piano, does adventurous life experience type things (not just posting pictures of Dubai hotels like every other footballer) and bought his grandad a massive car for his birthday. 

Most footballers I have met are just normal people. Certainly as normal as your average 18-25 year old man in the street. 

16 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Most footballers I have met are just normal people. Certainly as normal as your average 18-25 year old man in the street. 

Agree.

That's the problem.

Give any random guy more money than he has sense to handle and there's always a large portion who transforms themselves into a bedazzled bell end who still gets pissed with their mates at any opportunity given.

Add to that his old friends who want's a free ride, agents, advisers, family and all the golddiggers shiny things can buy.

Sadly this is where a lot of promising careers die.

Really hope Villa as a club has things in order to make sure our talents doesn't go that way.

2 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

It‘s also scientifically proved that playing a musical instrument (more likely an understanding of music and the mental/physical coordination that is involved) helps develop the brain and learning abilities.

I think it‘s safe to say that there is a serious lack of Piano-players posting in the Bruce thread

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

It‘s also scientifically proved that playing a musical instrument (more likely an understanding of music and the mental/physical coordination that is involved) helps develop the brain and learning abilities.

I think it‘s safe to say that there is a serious lack of Piano-players posting in the Bruce thread

Maybe if Bruce learned to play the piano he would know how to pick and set up a team? It's got to be worth a go surely. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2017 at 00:17, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't think Bruce rates him enough to start him

Why? Bruce started him loads last season and played him this season until he got injured.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why? Bruce started him loads last season and played him this season until he got injured.

Loads might be an exaggeration.

He played 90 minutes twice last season. Add to that 86 min once and 74 once.

The rest was cameos of 10 mins or less.

A total of 15 appearances of a combined 439 minutes last season.

Doesn't mean he won't play a part once he's fit thou.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorry I cannot find the stats that back up that statement.

However I think we could benefit having a fit Green that could offer us some attacking flair and options  :thumb:

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Loads might be an exaggeration.

He played 90 minutes twice last season. Add to that 86 min once and 74 once.

The rest was cameos of 10 mins or less.

A total of 15 appearances of a combined 439 minutes last season.

Doesn't mean he won't play a part once he's fit thou.

Fair enough. He started every game, or close to, before he got injured this season I think?

It would indicate he's in Bruce's plans anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Fair enough. He started every game, or close to, before he got injured this season I think?

It would indicate he's in Bruce's plans anyway.

Yup

Started game 3 to 6 in which he got injured

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sorry I cannot find the stats that back up that statement.

However I think we could benefit having a fit Green that could offer us some attacking flair and options  :thumb:

Check Transfermarkt.com.

Very good site to keep track on players and teams

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Â