Libor Kozák

samjp26

Could we not loan him out with an option to recall in case of injuries.

Yes, we could. But he would need to be named in the squad. As it stands, we need to get players off the squad list before getting new players in.

I imagine we're waiting for Adebayor to go through or not, if it goes through they'll probably loan, if not keep him for squad depth.

IMO he should've started against Bournemouth, but he didn't so Tim didn't agree!

Was really hoping he would get some game time yesterday. Would have been interesting to have two big guys up front at the end and really giving it a go!

I don't know why Tim doesn't give him a go. He seemed to do okay in preseason, but appreciate that's different.

Hope he stays and is utilised more as think we have a talented player on our books. We should at least give him a go!

Was really hoping he would get some game time yesterday. Would have been interesting to have two big guys up front at the end and really giving it a go!

I don't know why Tim doesn't give him a go. He seemed to do okay in preseason, but appreciate that's different.

Hope he stays and is utilised more as think we have a talented player on our books. We should at least give him a go!

Give-it-a-Go-Single1.jpg

• Like 1

Thought Kozak may have got the nod ahead of Sanchez against united as we were chasing the game - surely worth risking him for the last 20 minutes .

We had an unused sub, Kozak should of came on for Gabby or Ayew for the last 10 minutes.

That would have really changed our shape though, Kozak behind a striker might work as he has better feet than he is given credit for. I thinkt he choice was him or Gestede though and Gestede got us 3 points last week from a set piece so we can't be too surprised that Kozak didn't get on the pitch. 

Long old season ahead, he's coming back from the sort of injury that until very recently would have ended his career so patience will be a virtue with this lad too. Unless we sign a very good alternative I think he is worth a place in the squad surely?

Thought Kozak may have got the nod ahead of Sanchez against united as we were chasing the game - surely worth risking him for the last 20 minutes .

We had an unused sub, Kozak should of came on for Gabby or Ayew for the last 90 minutes.

Don't think he'll play much this season

I doubt he'll get into the matchday squad much.

It's a bit odd that Kozak had a really good pre-season, far better overall than Gabby for example. But he has one game where he looked tired and off the pace and that's the end of his Villa career as far as most on here are concerned.

I get why Sherwood doesn't want to put too much pressure on a player coming back from a terrible injury but I think it's pretty harsh to write him off.

Hopefully he'll get a few cup games and sub appearences in and we can judge better. Not saying a few months out on loan would harm either, but what I saw in pre-season was not a player that looked like he'd come back from a 18 month lay off (or whatever it was).

• Like 1

It's a bit odd that Kozak had a really good pre-season, far better overall than Gabby for example. But he has one game where he looked tired and off the pace and that's the end of his Villa career as far as most on here are concerned.

I get why Sherwood doesn't want to put too much pressure on a player coming back from a terrible injury but I think it's pretty harsh to write him off.

Hopefully he'll get a few cup games and sub appearences in and we can judge better. Not saying a few months out on loan would harm either, but what I saw in pre-season was not a player that looked like he'd come back from a 18 month lay off (or whatever it was).

This to a tee.

Some people's attitudes towards him are ridiculous.

• Like 1

I keep hearing about his pre season. He had 1 good game. Gabby has been a premier league player for 10 years, of course he's going to be picked ahead of Kozak.

Kozak just isn't going to produce at this level on a consistent basis. He's a squad player at best and I think he'll only make the bench when others are injured and rested.

Â