Libor Kozák

samjp26

It may not be Sherwoods signing but Sherwood surely isn't blind either. He's seen those goals in pre-season, he's seen that the lad for all of his playing time has bagged 6 or 7 goals in about 11 games counting pre-season.. As much as a manager likes to stamp his authority you don't stamp all over a goal scorer. A loan may be on the cards but he'd be mad to sell the only player in the squad consistently scoring right now.

The only time he's been a regular goal scorer is when he played in the Czech second division.
And Gestede when playing in the English second division. And Ayew for one season in a second rated league. And Gabby under Martin O'Neill only.

And Benteke in the unrated Belgian league.

And Adebayor only sporadically. But at least he has done it before.

I didn't say he can't become one. I just said he hasn't been so far in his career.

Apart from the 11 goals in 18 europa games for Lazio i might agree!

He scored 8 Europa league goals.

And in that entire season those were the only goals in 31 appearances he made for Lazio and Czech Republic.

Kozak proves the theory that the way to become a favourite on Villatalk is not to play for a very long time.

The longer you don't play, the higher you are rated.

Did f***k all for N'zogbia even when on the pitch -in fact quite the reverse!

It may not be Sherwoods signing but Sherwood surely isn't blind either. He's seen those goals in pre-season, he's seen that the lad for all of his playing time has bagged 6 or 7 goals in about 11 games counting pre-season.. As much as a manager likes to stamp his authority you don't stamp all over a goal scorer. A loan may be on the cards but he'd be mad to sell the only player in the squad consistently scoring right now.

The only time he's been a regular goal scorer is when he played in the Czech second division.
And Gestede when playing in the English second division. And Ayew for one season in a second rated league. And Gabby under Martin O'Neill only.

And Benteke in the unrated Belgian league.

And Adebayor only sporadically. But at least he has done it before.

I didn't say he can't become one. I just said he hasn't been so far in his career.

Apart from the 11 goals in 18 europa games for Lazio i might agree!
He scored 8 Europa league goals.

And in that entire season those were the only goals in 31 appearances he made for Lazio and Czech Republic.

Ill repeat myself libor has played 18 times in the europa league , in which he score 11 goals

I like Libor, and think he's a very decent poacher/fox in the box.  However, today, many balls were played through the Forest defence.

Ayew made them, Kozak didn't.  Not sure he fits with the way Sherwood wants us to play as a starter.

Yes I think he would score goals in the Premier League. He proved that two years ago but Sherwood likes speed and he hasn't got that.

What was it four goals he scored? Yes the injury curtailed him but he hasn't played enough in the prem to show he proved he can score in the prem (I'm guessing you mean regularly). He may yet do so...

I thought he was very poor today though.

He was awful today. Won one header, out muscled and out paced every ball that was played through.

He will score the odd goal here and there but not good enough to play on a regular basis.

I hope he doesn't start on Saturday.

I do like the guy. But i have to agree with bobzy above, I didn't see yesterday's game but I went to the Walsall game and there were a couple of decent through balls he just didn't have the legs to reach.

I suppose if will come down to exactly how Tim wants to play as libor will suit certain styles much better than others.

Without seeing to much of Ayew and Gastede, and with Libors knack of scoring the odd goal, I'd like to see him stick around.

Probably going out on loan. It's the right decision. He has been out 18 months and needs to play regularly which he wouldn't have done here.

I think you might be right. Think it should only be until January though and then reassess. 

Â