Libor Kozák

samjp26

You constantly bash him. He is a Villa player who had a very promising start to his Villa career, but injuries sadly put a halt to that. He is trying to come back and play for this club because he really likes Villa and wants to prove himself.

If you don't rate him, that's fine. I don't go on player's threads and just talk mad shit on them especially if they are Villa players.

Loads of players on this site get criticised by people who don't rate them. You're getting worked up because you have a soft spot for Kozak. I haven't insulted him, I don't wish ill on him, I just don't rate him. Like lowton, sylla, tonev and others, I think he's someone who is not good enough for us.

Disagree I think he is a good player and will do well in this league leading the line but probably doesn't fit in with how we will play now. If he is to leave we need another forward whether it's another striker or a winger.

I'd expect us to bring in both.

• Like 1

I do have a soft spot for Kozak. I met him, I had a real chat with him, and like any Villa player I want to see him succeed. I don't see how you can say he is not good enough for this level. He only played 10 or so matches for us before getting injured, but his goal to start ratio was excellent. If Sherwood wants to send him on loan to get him match sharpness, I understand that, but just saying he is shit and not good enough is silly.

Just what i've seen. It's like with Grealish, you don't need to watch him play 30 games to knows he's going to be good. I think he's far too slow, his touch is average and he's poor at winning aerial battles. With Gestede and Ayew being signed and another coming in I don't see him playing any part.

I do have a soft spot for Kozak. I met him, I had a real chat with him, and like any Villa player I want to see him succeed. I don't see how you can say he is not good enough for this level. He only played 10 or so matches for us before getting injured, but his goal to start ratio was excellent. If Sherwood wants to send him on loan to get him match sharpness, I understand that, but just saying he is shit and not good enough is silly.

Just what i've seen. It's like with Grealish, you don't need to watch him play 30 games to knows he's going to be good. I think he's far too slow, his touch is average and he's poor at winning aerial battles. With Gestede and Ayew being signed and another coming in I don't see him playing any part.

He is a poacher and he is not poor at winning aerial battles at all. Tactics play a huge part of how Kozak played for us under Lambert. For Czech he was very good at holding up the ball. 

He's had one good spell in the Europa league and got into double figures once in the Czech second division. I think he's an OK poacher but he won't score enough at this level. And according to who scored, during his short spell with us he's won around 30% of his aerial duels.

He averages 9 a game and wins 3 of them according to it. It's probably down as a strength because it was higher at Lazio but then that shows he can't perform as well at this level. Although throughout his career he loses more than he wins so not sure its much of a strength.

Edited by DCJonah

He is off without a doubt. I feel he could have proved himself and if not for the broken leg then who knows...

I doubt he will ever play a game for us again.

Libor signed a four year contract in 2013. A loan to get regular game time and improve fitness could be just the ticket for him to get back into the first team here.

As it stands, it would be one of Gestede or Libor and I can't see Kozak getting picked first at this moment in time.

He is off without a doubt. I feel he could have proved himself and if not for the broken leg then who knows...

I doubt he will ever play a game for us again.

Libor signed a four year contract in 2013. A loan to get regular game time and improve fitness could be just the ticket for him to get back into the first team here.

As it stands, it would be one of Gestede or Libor and I can't see Kozak getting picked first at this moment in time.

I just don't see him coming back no matter what he does out on loan. It is easy to say get match fitness but I think it is a shop window exercise.

On AVTV after the Fulham game Sherwood was asked  how great is it that Kozak was back in the team and scoring a goal. I swear he hesitated for just a second and then answered not looking directly at the camera. At that moment I thought Sherwood doesn't rate Kozak and he isn't going to be in the team....... now it looks like he won't. The camera doesn't lie!!

Edited by Texas_Mike

Kozak to the championship until January would be a very good move for us imo. Then we can reassess when he's back fully fit

Agree, staying here getting a few mins here and there off the bench when he makes the match day squad is not going to help him fitness or confidence wise.

I want him to succeed, while he might not be fastest or most technically gifted, he definitely has the right attitude and seems totally committed to both the Villa and his career.  In my book that carries a lot of weight, esp. when you look at players like NZogbia....

Â