Libor Kozák

samjp26

Kozak just isn't going to produce at this level on a consistent basis. He's a squad player at best and I think he'll only make the bench when others are injured and rested.

Based on... what?

The feeling in your gut?

That could also be that curry you had

before he was injured, he looked awkward but capable and he scored goals. Now people can argue round the houses about it, but he took little time to adjust to football at this level and scored 4 in 14 appearences and i doubt the majority of those were starts.

I don't care how he scored the goals or if how he looked when he scored them or what he didn't do when he wasn't scoring them, he scored them.

He scored two goals in pre-season also.

and if you were following him when he was at Lazio week in week out then I bow to your superior judgement and expertise.

i'm not the Kozak fan club, i don't know how good he is or isn't because he hasn't played enough for us for that, but i'll work with the facts and while he's in a Villa shirt i'll throw my support behind him.

Edited by VillanousOne

Ignore Jonah. He hates Kozak for absolutely no reason. Even if Kozak would donate all his wages to charity and score 3 goals a match, Jonah would still say he could be doing more.

Haha good one. Kozak scoring 3 goals. Brilliant.

• Like 1

If i'm totally honest, I can't see Kozak every being a PL level striker either. I couldn't before his injury and nothing's changed since. People claiming he had a good pre-season, he scored two against the dogheads and i still thought he was crap in that match. He hasn't got any outstanding individual traits that I can see

He hasn't got speed

Quick movement

Trickery

The ability to conjure something up out of nothing

He seems decent at scoring six yard goals and not a lot else. And in the modern game that's not enough at this level. As the Bent haters constantly reminded us

• Like 1

Didn't think he was good enough before he got injured either. His goals overshadowed his overall performances, which were below par IMO. For a big guy his hold up play and timing in the jump were poor.

Think he will struggle to make the bench when we get another striker in and Grealish/Gil return.

• Like 2

Didn't think he was good enough before he got injured either. His goals overshadowed his overall performances, which were below par IMO. For a big guy his hold up play and timing in the jump were poor.

Think he will struggle to make the bench when we get another striker in and Grealish/Gil return.

The first part is expected from someone who has not played professionally in nearly 2 years now. I think it would be wise to go on loan and get his match sharpness up. 

I just want him to be given a real chance to prove himself. I don't want to see Kozak go back to the Czech league because he has fallen out of favor like so many other Czech players have. 

Also I think letting him get a run out in the cups would be good. We could play a 4-4-2 which Kozak does well in because he has a partner. Someone like Ayew would be a good fit with Kozak. 

Edited by Czechlad

sadly, he is not sharp enough to make it at this level....whether his play is temporary or permanent is a matter of opinion....but this league is not forgiving you don't get months of debate, before you realise a player is not up to it.

The standard of Centre Half in the Prem is good.....it takes sharpness of mind and body to undo them.

Managers jobs are on the line and before you can safely say a player is not good enough, you are in a relegation battle....This business is not a charity, its hard nosed and decisions have to be made quickly.

Edited by TRO

Gabby has indeed been a premier league player for 10 or so years but he has been absolutely shite for most of those years.

He's been playing in the premier league for 10 years, I'm yet to convince myself he's been a premier league player for all of them...

Shame, he's just not as good as I've always hoped he would be.

He's surely got more goals in him than Gabby, so should definitely get a shout. The fact Gabby still plays for us in spite of offering NOTHING and Kozak isn't even given a chance, is an injustice. Don't understand why people are so quick to dismiss him, was our best striker in pre season, looked dangerous 2 years ago as well. Definitely should be given a run in the team. We haven't really got quality strikers keeping him out anyway

• Like 1

Goals to appearances. Second to none.

And yet he can't get in a team that broke their club record for least goals scored last season.

With Gil, Grealish and Traore coming into the squad I don't see him anywhere near the bench anytime soon.

Â