Libor Kozák

samjp26

Goals to appearances. Second to none.

And yet he can't get in a team that broke their club record for least goals scored last season.

With Gil, Grealish and Traore coming into the squad I don't see him anywhere near the bench anytime soon.

I think Kozak must have sh*gged/stolen/run off with your missus or something random like that.

glad it's not you deciding on whether he's allowed near the bench or not, i can tell you now he has one in his garden that he sits on all the time.

Edited by VillanousOne

And yet he can't get in a team that broke their club record for least goals scored last season.

With Gil, Grealish and Traore coming into the squad I don't see him anywhere near the bench anytime soon.

Gil couldn't get into that team last season either. Can't (currently) get into the team -> ergo shit is not very sound reasoning. 

Gil couldn't get into that team last season either. Can't (currently) get into the team -> ergo shit is not very sound reasoning.

Gil is not an out and out goal scorer and clearly Sherwood went with a different approach in order to survive and this season has been injured. Good point though.

I think Kozak must have sh*gged/stolen/run off with your missus or something random like that.

glad it's not you deciding on whether he's allowed near the bench or not, i can tell you now he has one in his garden that he sits on all the time.

I'm glad its Sherwood making the decisions as well. And I don't see him using Kozak anytime soon.

Gil is not an out and out goal scorer and clearly Sherwood went with a different approach in order to survive and this season has been injured. Good point though.

He spent 18 months out injured himself. Could it be possible that he's being eased in? A start and a good performance on Tuesday and he can easily be in the starting XI soon enough. But of course since he didn't play in his first 2 games back from a horrendous leg break that means that Sherwood clearly thinks he's as badt as you do.

He spent 18 months out injured himself. Could it be possible that he's being eased in? A start and a good performance on Tuesday and he can easily be in the starting XI soon enough. But of course since he didn't play in his first 2 games back from a horrendous leg break that means that Sherwood clearly thinks he's as badt as you do.

Yes that could all be possible, could it not be possible that Sherwood doesn't rate him? He signed 2 strikers, has gabby and is trying to sign another. And the rumour that got Traore right also said that Kozak would be allowed to leave the club.

I mean yeah it can be possible, we don't know what the situation is. 2 games is really not big enough of a sample size to come to a conclusion either way. We'll find out soon enough, but I don't see the point in slagging off a player that has performed more than decently for us in his limited time here and has recently had a major career setback.

I mean yeah it can be possible, we don't know what the situation is. 2 games is really not big enough of a sample size to come to a conclusion either way. We'll find out soon enough, but I don't see the point in slagging off a player that has performed more than decently for us in his limited time here and has recently had a major career setback.

I don't think his very good and don't agree he's performed more than decently for us. I'm not slagging him off as a person but like a lot of players over the last 4 years I don't really want to see Kozak in the team.

The Notts County game is tailor-made for him.  If he doesn't play in that (and obviously against Palace ...) then that's the clearest sign yet that Sherwood has other ideas.  There was an argument for not using him against Bournemouth or United.  But with those in mind, if he still doesn't appear in the cup game against a probably very physical and not very technical League Two side then you've got to assume it's curtains for him.

I also agree with those who say it would be a bit of a shame because as has been said, whatever about his overall play, he does seem to have the knack of scoring goals when he gets the opportunity, and that's not a bad knack to have.  I prefer it; for example; to Gabby's knack of not finding the net.

I'm glad its Sherwood making the decisions as well. And I don't see him using Kozak anytime soon.

those two statements bare no relation to each other, and repeating the same negative protestations over and over and over and over day in day out doesn't make them right either.

One question, by whatever circumstances, however random, if Kozak does play, does score goals in a Villa shirt, will you have to go into a shed and start self harming?

It certainly must be an awkward bone of contention when trying to decry the player :P Don't worry. I think I've gotten your viewpoint on him by reading each of the past 6 pages of this thread.

It's just really got no basis. The Czech second division and a short spell in the Europa league are the only times he's shown himself to be a goal scorer.

those two statements bare no relation to each other, and repeating the same negative protestations over and over and over and over day in day out doesn't make them right either.

One question, by whatever circumstances, however random, if Kozak does play, does score goals in a Villa shirt, will you have to go into a shed and start self harming?

Yes, I'd hate to see the club I support do well.

Then surely you want a player who really has done nothing wrong, to do well? Whereas it comes across like have some weird personal vendetta against him, by the fact you feel the need to remind the world how crap you think he is on a daily basis.

I sort of get the hate for players like Zog or previous players like Ireland, who did/do so very little in the shirt. But Kozak hasn't even had the chance to fail or let us down yet. Unless you include breaking his leg as 'failure.'

It certainly must be an awkward bone of contention when trying to decry the player :P Don't worry. I think I've gotten your viewpoint on him by reading each of the past 6 pages of this thread.

It's just really got no basis. The Czech second division and a short spell in the Europa league are the only times he's shown himself to be a goal scorer.

Apart from when it comes to playing for the actual club he plays for, of course.

It's almost like a player cannot possibly improve, isn't it?!

Â