Libor Kozák

samjp26

On 16/02/2018 at 10:38, Michael118 said:

Sorry, is this news? or olds?

I assume we’re supposed to be looking at the poll. So - a small number of Birmingham Mail Online readers answered a throw away poll,  to say that Kozak should start one game against Southampton. This is supposed to prove what, exactly?

The article quoted features comments from his manager, who actually saw him in training every day unlike you or anyone answering the poll, saying that there are many reasons he can’t give details for as to why he isn’t starting. He says it’s not personal. No matter what anyone thinks about Garde, this is a football professional saying that he is not fit to play top flight games based on his training and reserve appearances, not on a whim after surmising that he’s a good player based on appearances over 2 years prior before a horror injury and recovery.

Caveat - if I had read that clickbait shitrag’s article at the time I would probably have said he should start or be on the bench. I wanted him to play because our performances were so shit that season it seemed anything else had to be better. I like the man, he had terrible luck with injuries and I hope he does well for the rest of his career. That doesn’t mean he was or could still be the answer for Aston Villa and this argument is more bizarre than Con/Bannan.

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Kozak played a bit after xmas in 15/16. He actually combined o.k with Ayew but when he had chances he was too slow to shoot and generally lost the ball (although you could also say this before his injuries).

In the championship all I remember of him was coming on at Derby after Gestede went off and he then had to be taken off after 30 minutes for his own good as he was just terrible. It was best he moved on for his own good to have a fresh start somewhere else.

I'm sure if not for the injuries he'd have been a good premier league squad striker. He had 4 goals in 10 games in his three months before the injury.

Most ironic thing is those early goals had people speculating he was signed to replace Benteke eventually. I was dead against that as his all round game was miles below what Benteke had at that time.

We then signed Gestede who was even less mobile than Libor was.

I think this is a good and fair summary. 

• 11 months later...
16 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Hasn’t been the same since he got caught with his pants around his ankles.

Wrong player..... 

Edit - for the purpose of answering your 'confused face' response, it was Nicklas Helenius who had his pants pulled down at home to Spurs, which should have resulted in one of the most blatant penalties but, as our luck goes we got nothing.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, sne said:

Hasn't been the same player since our medical team messed up his surgery and rehabilitation after Clark was it? broke his leg.

I don't think he was much kop to start with. One good run in the UEFA Cup and that's it. 

Seems a nice guy and hope the move back home works for him but never Premier League quality

• Like 1

Yeah he was an impact player if generous. Games he started he was horrible. Was a game he played up top with Benteke on Sky and was just brutal to watch

Think people on here were begging him to get a chance under RDM and played one game and could barely most

9 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Wrong player..... 

Edit - for the purpose of answering your 'confused face' response, it was Nicklas Helenius who had his pants pulled down at home to Spurs, which should have resulted in one of the most blatant penalties but, as our luck goes we got nothing.

Thanks, I meant I had got the 2 players confused!

• 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

God we have had some shocking strikers over the years. 

He was limited but still scored more goals than McCormack at a higher level in less minutes.

It was about 6m so hardly the worst signing by a long chalk.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

He got done by Clark didn't he? Was his injury misdiagnosed  too?

Not sure you can misdiagnose a broken leg.

Bone broken - check

Think you got a broken leg pal, ah right what xmakes you say that?! The broken bone mate.

If someone with some form of medical qualification managed to misdiagnose that I’d be really concerned.

7 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

He got done by Clark didn't he? Was his injury misdiagnosed  too?

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Bone broken - check

Think you got a broken leg pal, ah right what xmakes you say that?! The broken bone mate.

If someone with some form of medical qualification managed to misdiagnose that I’d be really concerned.

It was the recovery that was botched. He came back into training too soon, broke down again and had to have more surgery I think, from memory. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Bone broken - check

You'd be surprised. We don't really know how bad the fracture was, and very often people walk around with broken bones even after x-rays have been done. Doctors simply miss small chips/breaks and they can turn to be a big deal.

I had that, and so did my brother.

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

It was the recovery that was botched. He came back into training too soon, broke down again and had to have more surgery I think, from memory. 

Aye, and he was left feeling isolated by those in charge.

A few players during that time were treated the same. A lack of communication, empathy, and understanding. Then ask why the French players didn't settle.

Top to bottom the club was a mess.

• Like 2

Â