Libor Kozák

samjp26

Kozak : Hi Tim i've fought my way back from injury its been a long road to recovery and i'm scoring goals for fun in preseason and i can't wait for the season to start

Sherwood : Ah right Libor that's all well and good but im selling you (Schlag)

Bit harsh

Edited by AshVilla

Maybe its part of a plan to oust Gabby out. Kozak, Gestede and Adebayor will surely get more game time, Adebayor is only a 1 year option for now

Gabby will still get games out wide, either in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. We won't just play one formation this season.

Libor can only really play central and Gestede and Adebayor will be ahead of him so that's limited game time there.

Just don't see how he or Sinclair for that matter will play that much, might aswell hang onto both until January and they could leave then.

I like Kozak and think he's an intelligent poacher type of player. However let's not get sentimental, if he can be improved on then we absolutely should be doing just that. I don't for one second imagine Kozak being good enough to be our main forward.

That's if Adebayor and Gestede are fit and in form. Kozak already is right now. I think it would be a massive mistake to let him go - he should be starting the season. There's still time in the window after we are underway to move him on if that's what is needed. Besides, he came in knowingly to play second fiddle to Benteke, why would it be a problem now? We need strength in depth. Plus Gabby and Ayew can play as wing forwards (I think). I'd keep all 5.

Kozak proves the theory that the way to become a favourite on Villatalk is not to play for a very long time.

The longer you don't play, the higher you are rated.

Haha, but kind of says a lot about the quality of the players that do play week in week out for us :)

Edited by tylerreznik

Kozak proves the theory that the way to become a favourite on Villatalk is not to play for a very long time.

I don't think that's true.

I just think that he's one of the best players to have played for Villa in the past 30 years.

In the last 30 yrs we have had some excellent footballers play for this club. Kozak comes no where near them.

I'd say most who rate him, wouldn't even rate him as one of the best in the last 30 yrs.

Being the only one to score goals in pre-season isn't going to hurt, and he did score goals in the league before his injury at a pretty decent rate. He might not be that good, but his scoring record is good enough to make me look forward to seeing what he can do in his first proper season with us.

Â