Libor Kozák

samjp26

Took his goals well, but his overall play is very poor. No strength when attempting to hold up the ball and mislaid a lot of passes.

If you're a striker and you score 2 goals, you've done your job.

• Like 1

Took his goals well, but his overall play is very poor. No strength when attempting to hold up the ball and mislaid a lot of passes.

Well a lot of people say you have to have more to your game than just scoring.....

Pretty much Lex. If a striker spends 90 minutes doing nothing else but touches the ball 5 times and scores a hattrick were they shit or did they do their job?

Well a lot of people say you have to have more to your game than just scoring.....
A lot of people have opinions and arse holes.

Pretty much Lex. If a striker spends 90 minutes doing nothing else but touches the ball 5 times and scores a hattrick were they shit or did they do their job?

Did their job IMO. We were fine with Bent until he stopped scoring goals, that's when it became a problem and we wanted rid.

• Like 1

Did their job IMO. We were fine with Bent until he stopped scoring goals, that's when it became a problem and we wanted rid.

I think you answered your own point then.

How many goals has he got in pre-season now? Like 4? I don't understand the disdain he gets considering he's a striker that has only played 11 full matches (counting pre-season) for the club and scored 6-7 goals.. He may be shite in the air like some have said and he may look awkward but that's a damn high goal tally for a player that barely plays.. If he keeps up his ratio in the league proper he'd be well on the way to being our 20 a season goal scorer, which from a player apparently very few rate is mental..  

Libor isn't a hold up striker. If he was a bit shorter, would anyone even consider him to be a striker that thrives with his back to goal? No. Just because he is a tall man, does not mean he is automatically a hold up striker

Libor isn't a hold up striker. If he was a bit shorter, would anyone even consider him to be a striker that thrives with his back to goal? No. Just because he is a tall man, does not mean he is automatically a hold up striker

See Crouch, Peter.

• Like 1

love his movement. Very impressive. Shame he isnt 10% quicker though.

overhit some things last night but was still very good :)

Work rate also very good for a big fella :)

im 99.999999% sure he will be starting against Bounemouth,,,hes played too many games for us in recent pre-season to not be involved and it sends an incredibly bad message if form != place in first team. + any other striker we sign will need time to get fitness up.

Edited by gharperr

Looked very good last night. I said in the match thread that I thought his movement was quite laboured in the past. Either he has improved or I'm remembering incorrectly because for a big fella he can put a shift in and makes some good moves.

Carew with better movement but weaker in the air? Even Carew when he got going could shift reasonably quick as well tbf.

Looks good.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Seems a shame he basically won't get a chance one adebayor is in, they're not find play along side each other and ade won't be signing to warm the bench for libor

So you want Kozak to be first choice?
Why not? If he's good enough.

I'd have thought we all want the player in best form regardless of name to be in the team.

I don't care which one it is as long as they work hard and know where the net is.

Because it's an awful lot of pressure to put on a guy who has just missed 18 months of football with a multiple fracture. We need another striker.

Libor should almost certainly start against Bournemouth.

Â