Libor Kozák

samjp26

Have to say, every time I watch Kozak i can't wait to read what the folks that moaned about Bent have to say

He scores a few goals and does nothing else. 

There's nothing to his game that brings any kind of thrill or excitement, he just scores the odd goal. Before he scored his second last night we were all moaning 'get him off'. Weird

If he becomes a half decent premiership striker i'll camp out. I'm fully aware that could come back to haunt me but it's the honest way i feel after watching him again. Hopefully i'll be proved wrong

That's absolute nonsense, Bent doesn't press he just stands the around. Kozak competes, gives defenders a hard time, he's basically a nuisance and as shown can score numerous types of goal.

• Like 3

That would kill me. I talked to Kozak last year. He really did seem like he loved Villa. I actually had a decent conversation with him that lasted over a minute. He seemed very humbled to be playing for us and was really passionate about getting back into the team and playing for Czech again. 

• Like 2

Alan Nixon says he is available as we are close to signing Gestede.   :(   

I really hope that's not true, be a real shame to let him go after he's worked so hard to get back to match level fitness and has been scoring in the pre season matches.

Have to hope his goals and performances in pre season sway Sherwood's opinion of him.

Reckon we'd struggle to get our money back on him after such a long injury layoff, surely be in a better position to sell after he's played a few games and hopefully scored a few league goals, could be difference between 2/3m and 5/6+m...

If we sold now it would really just be to clear a spot in the squad.

not only the pre-season. I didn't think he looked too bad in his original games for us either but rather showed some promise. bottom line is I'd rather we keep Kozak on the books ahead of Gabby.

If we basing it on pre-season then yes he deserves a chance. But how often does pre-season affect which player a manager wants to buy or sell?

N'Zogbia started against Fulham & played the 2nd half against Braga, he appears to have done enough in those two games to convince Sherwood he has no future here, so they must pay some attention to the pre-season performances.  Plus a striker scoring goals is never a bad thing.. 

If we basing it on pre-season then yes he deserves a chance. But how often does pre-season affect which player a manager wants to buy or sell?

What else does Sherwood have to go on?

I'd wager he's never seen Kozak play apart from this pre-season.

Â