Libor Kozák

samjp26

Can only go by Gestedes goals last season and I don't see really what he brings more than Kozak 

Id rather bring in a top class CB than another forward.  Both if the moneys there of course :)

If we basing it on pre-season then yes he deserves a chance. But how often does pre-season affect which player a manager wants to buy or sell?

What else does Sherwood have to go on?

I'd wager he's never seen Kozak play apart from this pre-season.

Training I guess. I remember players impressing in pre-season in the past and then not getting a sniff when season starts. Maybe some managers have already made their minds up.

FWIW I don't think we will sell him anyway but I would love to see Gestede here. He is made for this league.

If the Gestede and Adebayor rumours are true, then I don't see where Libor is going to fit in with our lone striker formations, which is a real shame.

The guy has never really had a chance here, so if he goes we (as fans) will never know for certain what he's capable of.

However, its entirely plausible that there may be times when we are wanting to play with 2 strikers up front, as we did last season, in which case there's no reason why Libor won't feature from the bench at least. You could also argue that Adebayor is only a short term signing, and Gestede would be the long term replacement for Benteke...

Maybe we just aren't used to having a strong bench to choose from!

Gabby is the one we should be getting rid of not libor

It doesn't work that way.

If the manager prefers Gestade to Kozak and has the funds, go do it. I've not known Kozak long enough to get all misty eyed.

Maybe what he actually needs, anyway, is a loan to the championship level where he can play every week and find his feet?

• Like 1

100% agree. Take the emotion out of it, and I don't know what he brings to the team/squad. He can't play upfront because he doesn't score enough; we have much better wide forwards. If we want fast - sign Adam Gemili!

He does a similar role as what I think Crespo will do for the defense - but on about 8x the wages!

It doesn't work that way.

If the manager prefers Gestade to Kozak and has the funds, go do it. I've not known Kozak long enough to get all misty eyed.

Maybe what he actually needs, anyway, is a loan to the championship level where he can play every week and find his feet?

That's a good point. Why does it have to mean we will sell him? He's not that old either is he.

Say what you want about Gabby he still gives us another option with his pace.

Can only go by Gestedes goals last season and I don't see really what he brings more than Kozak

Aerial threat.

Admittedly can only judge from highlights myself really, but Gestede looks just as good as Benteke in the air. Won more aerial duels than any other player in the championship last season, including defenders. Also read that he's scored at least 4 more headed goals than anyone else in the championship in the last two seasons. With some of the balls Amavi puts in I could see Gestede scoring a load, I really hope we get him.

• Like 2

The problem is the uncertainty over his fitness, if Adebayor is here for a season then let Kozak go on loan for a year, if he plays lots of games and bangs the goals in then bring him back. It would be a shame if Libor never got a real fair crack with the club as he clearly knows where the back of the net is.

A loan with a recall in it would be ok with me but I honestly want to see him start vs Bournemouth, it wouldnt make much sense to not play him as he has been playing great and really getting stuck in. I feared he would be a bit stand offish but he has been the opposite and should play.

Â