Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Not a fan of Holt and certainly not a fan of the Heil, but he's got this right on the nose.

Wonder if he'll get chopped up?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10148313/OLIVER-HOLT-Newcastles-Saudi-ownership-flagrant-shameless-effort-launder-injustices.html

I pray to God they get relegated. 

Celebrating the Saudis is so off the scale shocking and disgusting. 

Literally is blood money. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I pray to God they get relegated.

I think everyone who watches football is also.  If there was any justice in the world they will be mathematically down early April.

Newcastle was scum before the takeover,  they are worse now.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jareth said:

Why couldn't the tail wag the dog? I see NUFC fans replying here in the right way - the Saudis might find that owning the club puts their shitty attitudes into the spotlight and progresses their modernisation more than they bargained for. 

Have you heard? They've taken 'gullible' out the dictionary.

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

think that they're the second worst team in the division by far, wouldn't be surprised to see them relegated.

But if they do go down they're coming straight back up as is usually the case with relegated PL teams now

They've walked the league twice with Ashley in charge so yeah they'd probably get about 100 points. Calum Wilson if they kept him would score 30 + down there no problem.

But as others have said it delays what they really want to do by a couple of years in prem so that's important in the short term.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Nuno to Newcastle maybe and start a new Portuguese revolution? 

It’ll depend if his agent will go with him and extend the “special relationship” he has with Wolves to Newcastle.

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It’ll depend if his agent will go with him and extend the “special relationship” he has with Wolves to Newcastle.

There is an absolute shed load of cash to be made for one of those thirsty agents. Imagine Mendes, effectively teeing up nearly unlimited signings (commissions) for Newcastle with unlimited resources.

• Like 1

I think they will struggle to get any kind of big name manager when there's a decent chance they will be spending a season in the championship.

If they hold on a couple of weeks they might get Rafa back, been there done that.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

21 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Apparently they are trying to get Unai Emery as their manager. That's a worryingly sensible and good choice. 

Announcement expected soon.

Agree with you - incredibly sensible appointment.  Sadly, probably the best appointment they could possibly make.  Has worked in the Premier League, has worked with big egos under a money club umbrella and, perhaps most importantly, is a good manager and very astute tactician.

• Like 1

Â