Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

23 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Newcastle leaking goals so it makes sense to appointment a manager who will carry on that tradition 

100%

There defence is rubbish and it’s possibly  Howes weakest area. Not to mention the fact that he didn’t last at Burnley because he wanted to be down south, and Newcastle is even bloody further North. 

This has disaster written all over it. 

Edited by av1

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Might as well go for Allardyce on a short keep them in a league with a nice bonus contract and then try and get a real manager in the summer if they stay up.

I was thinking of Big Sam for them yesterday and wondering if he’d actually already got off the merry-go-round at that stop before. Spoiler: yes he has.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Howe's record in the transfer market is pretty shocking too. Strange appointment for them I think (if it happens).

Agreed, although I imagine they'll do the DOF and sporting director route and not have the manager be heavily involved in transfers.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Agreed, although I imagine they'll do the DOF and sporting director route and not have the manager be heavily involved in transfers.

I know the rags make up the vast majority of their “transfer stories” but since the takeover they have been linked to about 50 players. 

Given they currently don’t have a manager, If there is a shred of truth to any of those it would seem that any manager won’t be making the signings anyway 

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Wants his own director of football from Bournemouth :D 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i didn't think he had one? he was pretty much solely responsible for transfers there

seems to be a technical director but wouldnt give me confidence to have both on board

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

I was thinking of Big Sam for them yesterday and wondering if he’d actually already got off the merry-go-round at that stop before. Spoiler: yes he has.

They hated him as much as Steve Bruce when he was there on 2007 so wouldn't be a popular one with the fanbase. He did go in at Everton when they were bottom 3 at this stage of season in 2017 and kept them up comfortably so yes they need that type before eventually moving on to more progressive manager.

I rate Howe but don't see him as a good fit for this at all. As said above he's not great at getting clean sheets, move up north didn't work out before so always thought he was just waiting for Southampton job to come up.

In a funny way Roy Hodgson would be a decent pick until end of the season. With his age there's obviously no need to sugar coat it's a long term appointment and he kept Palace up when they lost first 7 games in 2017-18 and kept up other clubs from difficult mid season positions (Fulham and West Brom).

Edited by VillaChris
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They hated him as much as Steve Bruce when he was there on 2007 so wouldn't be a popular one with the fanbase. He did go in at Everton when they were bottom 3 at this stage of season in 2017 and kept them up comfortably so yes they need that type before eventually moving on to more progressive manager.

I rate Howe but don't see him as a good fit for this at all. As said above he's not great at getting clean sheets, move up north didn't work out before so always thought he was just waiting for Southampton job to come up.

In a funny way Roy Hodgson would be a decent pick until end of the season. With his age there's obviously no need to sugar coat it's a long term appointment and he kept Palace up when they lost first 7 games in 2017-18 and kept up other clubs from difficult mid season positions (Fulham and West Brom).

In for Bruce or Allardyce then, no to Hodgson.

Would also be happy with Sherwood, or perhaps they could prise Phil Neville away from wherever the ****.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

McLeish must've really offended you in his 12 months here.😉

My brain had done a pretty good job of erasing that from memory, thanks.

No way they could get someone of that calibre though.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

I think it would be a good appointment. Getting Howe at this moment is smarter than getting some funky European name.

With the players they have, with the ambition to just stay up, he is the right person. 

A good coach, and Newcastle don't have that bad of a team so he will make them work.

I mean, Howe has already coached a lot of their players (Wilson, Richie) and worked with Jones before (not 100% sure on that but guessing so as he came from Bounremouth I think?) so it kinda makes sense on a few levels.

Plus, he knows the Championship :P

Â