Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

People don’t like him because he keeps playing the victim and moaning about fans, taking it all far too personal. He’s been stealing a living as a manager, getting far more chances and being backed far more than his results merit. Yet he keeps making comments like that. It’s pathetic and petty. 

Draw and lose a load of games, with a squad capable of finishing top…. Then beats Rotherham “That’ll shut them up”

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

People don’t like him because he keeps playing the victim and moaning about fans, taking it all far too personal. He’s been stealing a living as a manager, getting far more chances and being backed far more than his results merit. Yet he keeps making comments like that. It’s pathetic and petty. 

People don’t like him because he responds to the abuse he gets from fans.

What a world :D 

11 minutes ago, El Zen said:

He has a reputation for being ‘nice’ but he comes across as a snide, petty prick. That’s why people don’t like him. That and his objectively awful brand of football.

I believe he is a nice person. But, you’re right, his incredibly thin skin means he seems unable to accept any views on his football style or performances are not personal attacks, then he responds and it makes the divide worse, his media and football mates say how nice he is and fans point out how crap the results and football are…and the cycle continues.  For his own health and well-being he should have packed it in when he left Sunderland. Yesterday’s man in football management terms.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Definitely agree dyche could be the short term option. He’d suit the players they have right now to get them out of it. Whether he’d want to risk his career on such a short term thinking is the question.

im not sure what the fans think should come into it at all. These are the people who’ve just attended games in mock Saudi clothes fashioned from bed sheets and tea towels after all!

I am sure a 5m a year and a 10m bonus for keeping them in the PL would help him to risk his career. Even after a disaster at Newcastle I suspect there would be newly promoted PL sides that would jump at the chance to get Dyche in to try and stay up

13 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I am sure a 5m a year and a 10m bonus for keeping them in the PL would help him to risk his career. Even after a disaster at Newcastle I suspect there would be newly promoted PL sides that would jump at the chance to get Dyche in to try and stay up

It wouldn't hurt but (and you can call me an idealist!) I'm not convinced that money will be the main/only factor in a decision like that.

28 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

It wouldn't hurt but (and you can call me an idealist!) I'm not convinced that money will be the main/only factor in a decision like that.

I agree, but I think the situation that Newcastle are in means they are going to have to 'buy' a new manager. No big time manager would want the job now so to attract a big name they will have to give a huge salary and promise big transfer funds. If it is a short term manager e.g. Dyche, he and his agent will know that it is a short term appointment and at most he would have the rest of this season and next season. So he will want a very big salary and a lengthy salary to ensure his pay off is worth taking the job. Toon job will be one of the hardest in football to get the right person in. If they were in midtable with a half decent squad they could attract nearly anyone but they are in a real mess

• Like 1

Their fixtures in December are grim - games against Leicester, Citeh, United, Liverpool and Everton and Burnley. They could be in the relegation places still come December 

Really struggling to see where they might get points beyond games against Palace and Norwich in the weeks ahead 

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Their fixtures in December are grim - games against Leicester, Citeh, United, Liverpool and Everton and Burnley. They could be in the relegation places still come December 

Really struggling to see where they might get points beyond games against Palace and Norwich in the weeks ahead 

Palace will smash em. Viera has got them playing decent stuff.

42 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And the deeper in the shit they are come January, the harder the sell will be to potential signings. I would say to a new manager as well but no doubt they'll have one in soon regardless.

Edited by fightoffyour

Personally I think they'll be fine. They will be snapping up older experienced players with little sell on value, that other clubs won't go for purely because they make little business sense - but they will be decent players and ready made for the task of avoiding relegation. In fairness 3 players of this sort, Lingard, Tarowski, Sterling even, alongside what they've got already - will be enough to stay up comfortably. 

24 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Personally I think they'll be fine. They will be snapping up older experienced players with little sell on value, that other clubs won't go for purely because they make little business sense - but they will be decent players and ready made for the task of avoiding relegation. 

You make a good point. Oh how I wish Villa would have signed players like Micah Richards, Lescott or Sinclair back in 2015! Maybe the history books would have been different.  

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Personally I think they'll be fine. They will be snapping up older experienced players with little sell on value, that other clubs won't go for purely because they make little business sense - but they will be decent players and ready made for the task of avoiding relegation. In fairness 3 players of this sort, Lingard, Tarowski, Sterling even, alongside what they've got already - will be enough to stay up comfortably. 

Depends on the attitude. Can easily sit back on a 300k a week 5 year deal in the Championship 

QPR did similar with SWP, Barton, Zamora etc and went flying down

39 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

You make a good point. Oh how I wish Villa would have signed players like Micah Richards, Lescott or Sinclair back in 2015! Maybe the history books would have been different.  

If you make a list of every player that will be up for sale in Jan, then buy the top 5 players on that list - then you'll be doing what NUFC will be doing. Not sure the top 5 of said list in 2015 contained the aforementioned players. 

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If you make a list of every player that will be up for sale in Jan, then buy the top 5 players on that list - then you'll be doing what NUFC will be doing. Not sure the top 5 of said list in 2015 contained the aforementioned players. 

They were top 5 in a list just not top players 😜

Â