Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Dubravka Lacelles Schar Fernández Shelvey Hayden (Fraser was good before he went there) Wilson ASM.

Of that list, only the last two are good enough to be regulars in a side with aspirations of finishing around 10th.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I bet he cannot wait to sign.

Barca desperate to get him off their wage bill with the private jet already on the tarmac and Coutinho less than keen to go live in Newcastle and play with Joelinton under Howe

can we have a pool, dad?: May 2016

Edited by sne
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I actually think Howe did a fantastic job at Bournemouth. Ok some of the signings were questionable but let’s face it. Which top player will want to play for Bournemouth??

He’s job will be to keep them up and I think he’ll do that. 

and me

and he will play better football than bruce

and then he will leave...thats the weird thing about it, eddie howe wont be newcastle's league winning, champions league playing manager, he's a gap filler to get them half way there, even the contract length suggests the time frame for it, get them 10th to 7th by 2024, hand shakes and smiles job well done fancy name big reputation foreign manager will take over from here

the trouble can come if they buy players for the same purpose because they wont be on 2.5 year contracts and then be easy to get rid of

Newcastle have a better squad than the Leeds squad that finished top half last season and Sheffield United the season before, I'd say that they have a better squad this season than at least Norwich, Leeds, Southampton, Burnley, and you could perhaps argue Brentford, Watford and Palace too, although Palace squad has more potential. It's a squad that's finished 10th, 13th, 13th, and 12th in their four seasons since promotion.

My concern for them would be if Howe tries to change things too fast, they have a squad suited to a certain style of footall, that is the football that Bruce and Benitez had them playing, I'm sure their current squad is capable of improving the way they play to a certain degree, but if Howe tries to change things too fast by asking them to suddenly play as a possession based team it could go wrong for them.

12 hours ago, Genie said:

Is Howe that much better than Bruce that that had to immediately sack him and pay him off to the tune of £8m?

Crazyness already. 

The fans will be willing to give him a chance which they had given up on Bruce. Changes the atmosphere at least for a few games.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The fans will be willing to give him a chance which they had given up on Bruce. Changes the atmosphere at least for a few games.

Yeah, feels like the owners had little choice to appoint someone.

I don’t think he’ll last long, the fans will want him out as they feel they are so rich they can get better (forgetting this little period where they couldn’t get better).

53 minutes ago, useless said:

Newcastle have a better squad than the Leeds squad that finished top half last season and Sheffield United the season before, I'd say that they have a better squad this season than at least Norwich, Leeds, Southampton, Burnley, and you could perhaps argue Brentford, Watford and Palace too, although Palace squad has more potential. It's a squad that's finished 10th, 13th, 13th, and 12th in their four seasons since promotion.

My concern for them would be if Howe tries to change things too fast, they have a squad suited to a certain style of footall, that is the football that Bruce and Benitez had them playing, I'm sure their current squad is capable of improving the way they play to a certain degree, but if Howe tries to change things too fast by asking them to suddenly play as a possession based team it could go wrong for them.

Newcastle squad is shit. Am I missing something ?

• Like 3

Its a wonderful opportunity for Eddie Howe who is not given enough credit for what he did at Bournmouth. Ok they broke FFP rules but they were still only the equal 5th highest highest salary payers the season they got promoted from the championship and to keep that club in the Premier League for 5 years was no mean achievement. Its a step-up for him and they will invest heavily in players, a great opportunity for him as hes still only 43. 

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its a wonderful opportunity for Eddie Howe who is not given enough credit for what he did at Bournmouth. Ok they broke FFP rules but they were still only the equal 5th highest highest salary payers the season they got promoted from the championship and to keep that club in the Premier League for 5 years was no mean achievement. Its a step-up for him and they will invest heavily in players, a great opportunity for him as hes still only 43. 

He did a good job. He be a good coach. Is he what Newcastle need right now to stop the rot? Not for me. 

They need to grind out some wins and I'm not sure his style with provide immediate results. In the long run if they stick with him I'd like to see what he could do if he dropped this nonsense about having full control on transfers and just coached.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He did a good job. He be a good coach. Is he what Newcastle need right now to stop the rot? Not for me. 

They need to grind out some wins and I'm not sure his style with provide immediate results. In the long run if they stick with him I'd like to see what he could do if he dropped this nonsense about having full control on transfers and just coached.

Yes next three games Brighton away, Brentford at home and Norwich at home. Think they will get 7 points from those 3 games. 

I think it's a lot easy to say a squad is shit when they aren't winning games.

Carragher talked about it before and I agree , it's never as bad as you think. One manager or one player can elevate an entire team.

Their squad is weak but with a good manager and structure their first 11 isn't actually that horrific. You just need to get a tune out of them.

They are all senior pros and internationals pretty much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I think it's a lot easy to say a squad is shit when they aren't winning games.

Carragher talked about it before and I agree , it's never as bad as you think. One manager or one player can elevate an entire team.

Their squad is weak but with a good manager and structure their first 11 isn't actually that horrific. You just need to get a tune out of them.

They are all senior pros and internationals pretty much.

After 3 games the Arsenal squad looked awful but then they turn it around and nobody talked about it anymore.

• Like 1

Newcastle squad isn't brilliant, but it's not as bad as some are making out, certainly there are several worse squads in the Premier League. If their squad was that bad they wouldn't be finishing midtable with Bruce as manager as they did in the last two seasons, put Bruce in charge of any of Norwich, Watford, Southampton, Leeds, Palace, or Burnley and see what would happen.

Bruce sets up teams not to lose and to be fair he is very good at it. Eddie Howe won’t set them up that way. I reckon they’ll start leaking goals for fun. 

I admit their fully fit first 11 should be good enough to stay up though.  Relegation is Norwich, Watford and one other. Hope we don’t get dragged in to the battle for the one other. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â