Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I have to say I'm amazed they don't seem to have had anyone lined up to take over immediately.  They don't seem to have even had anyone luke warm.   It's been a month now. 

Feels almost like they got the deal done and then thought "right, what are we going to do about a manager then?“

Doesn't seem very professional to me. 

45 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I have to say I'm amazed they don't seem to have had anyone lined up to take over immediately.  They don't seem to have even had anyone luke warm.   It's been a month now. 

Feels almost like they got the deal done and then thought "right, what are we going to do about a manager then?“

Doesn't seem very professional to me. 

yeah same here, seems like they've sacked bruce due to fan demand but they weren't actually ready to do it, them not being ready its hard to know why, maybe eyes are too big and people are knocking them back or they genuinely dont know

the football man at the top should have been in by the end of the first week and then doing this should be his job, Staveley will get 2 years out of this tops 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, astondalston said:

Newcastle United: Unai Emery to reject Newcastle interest - Guillem Balague

Unai Emery will turn down the chance to become manager of Newcastle United and will instead stay with Villarreal, reports Guillem Balague.

…..Doesn’t seem very professional to home either…!

Its Guillem Balague, I expect Emery to be announced very soon 😉

• Haha 1

Should have kept Bruce until an appointment was made. As much as he is rubbish, at least there is a manager there.

You'd have assumed they had someone lined up, but it looks like they are getting rejected by every manager they approach.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Jose must be gutted he went to Italy because that Newcastle job has his name all over it.

By job I mean signing a 5 year contract then getting sacked before Easter.

Jose has 'earned' more than £90m in payouts during his managerial career.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

and the Newcastle job is an open goal. £20m a year 5 year deal, which he’ll work a maximum of 2.

I don't think its going to be easy as they think it will to attract world class talent Yes can now pay them way more than other teams. But on the flipside of that they have to convince them to live in...Newcastle and deal with their fans.😆

1 minute ago, Big Salad said:

I don't think its going to be easy as they think it will to attract world class talent Yes can now pay them way more than other teams. But on the flipside of that they have to convince them to live in...Newcastle and deal with their fans.😆

True, I suspect they are also finding managers especially have stronger morals than they expected and don’t want to work for their owners.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He must absolutely love his work, I think he's a lunatic, I'd have my feet up on a tropical island without the stress.

45 minutes ago, Genie said:

True, I suspect they are also finding managers especially have stronger morals than they expected and don’t want to work for their owners.

Not sure about the last part. Emery had no problem working at PSG 

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not sure about the last part. Emery had no problem working at PSG 

Good point, I am no expert in that region but I had Saudi down as worse than Qatar for human rights but they could all be as bad as each other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Good point, I am no expert in that region but I had Saudi down as worse than Qatar for human rights but they could all be as bad as each other.

Saudis are worse. The Yemen war alone puts them right at the top when it comes to abhorrent nations. And that's just part of it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â