Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

27 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I mean, Howe has already coached a lot of their players (Wilson, Richie) and worked with Jones before (not 100% sure on that but guessing so as he came from Bounremouth I think?) so it kinda makes sense on a few levels.

Plus, he knows the Championship :P

Fraser will be happy 😁

44 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I think it would be a good appointment. Getting Howe at this moment is smarter than getting some funky European name.

With the players they have, with the ambition to just stay up, he is the right person. 

A good coach, and Newcastle don't have that bad of a team so he will make them work.

Newcastle do have a bad team!

Worst squad in the league apart from Norwich if you ask me

• Like 1

From last year

And Howe failed to cure serious defensive problems which raised the red flag in 2018-19, when Bournemouth conceded 70 league goals in finishing 14th. That was the highest outside the relegated clubs and even Cardiff, who went down, conceded fewer.

In losing 22 of 38 games this season, Bournemouth conceded 65 goals, even with a defender in Ake who Manchester City feel can improve their rearguard.

In 190 PL games, they only managed 38 clean sheets, conceding 330 goals.

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No it's not. That's just the Bruce effect. They have a good solid team. 

They dont. They still play Ritchie, Fraser, Clark, Shelvey, Manquillo and Paul Dummett is still making the squad

Be a relegation candidate in 2016

Unfortunately for Newcastle this is the type of manager that they can get until they get the infrastructure in place. We are light years ahead of them in terms of training ground , academy and staff set up. 

I have heard that their training ground is league 1 standard . That they have barely any staff and it really is a start from scratch. It has taken us 3 years to get to where we want in terms of staffing levels and positions. And we had a far better infrastructure in place than they do currently. 

It might be that they do go down because Ashley really left them in the lurch. He didnt spend a penny on them which on paper means that they have huge ffp resources to spend , but nothing to back the money up to make the players want to come. 

57 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

They are accepting relegation

I wouldn’t go that far, but realistically who did they think they could get? Conte? 🤣 no PL managers have changed clubs mid season since Pardew in 2016. At this point it would be amazing for them if they could land Howe, even though he probably won’t keep them up. Cause probably not is better than definitely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I think it would be a good appointment. Getting Howe at this moment is smarter than getting some funky European name.

With the players they have, with the ambition to just stay up, he is the right person. 

A good coach, and Newcastle don't have that bad of a team so he will make them work.

Can’t agree. Newcastle shipped goals under Bruce who is considered to be a manager that will at least “keep things tight”

The one thing Howe doesn’t do. It’s an absolutely terrible appointment. 

This isn’t a defence of Bruce, who I don’t rate, but I genuinely think they had a better chance of staying up under Bruce than they will have with Howe. 

I look at NUFC and wonder who is actually driving the club forwards. There isn't one senior person there with football experience, and above them it's an investment fund with shed loads of other investments to oversee. I suppose they could get in someone like Levy at Spurs but however highly paid the person is to run the club, they will not have any personal stake. It is a stark comparison to Villa, claret and blue specs aside, Villa has sports focused owners and in Purslow a football man with shares in the club. I'm not sure NUFC's owners are the right type to ultimately succeed in this game, regardless of the money. 

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I look at NUFC and wonder who is actually driving the club forwards. There isn't one senior person there with football experience, and above them it's an investment fund with shed loads of other investments to oversee. I suppose they could get in someone like Levy at Spurs but however highly paid the person is to run the club, they will not have any personal stake. It is a stark comparison to Villa, claret and blue specs aside, Villa has sports focused owners and in Purslow a football man with shares in the club. I'm not sure NUFC's owners are the right type to ultimately succeed in this game, regardless of the money. 

Their sole focus is sportswashing. Even if Newcastle drop down for a year or two, they have endless funds to offset it. Invest locally, and use Newcastle as a city for commerce and trade with the whole Saudi re-brand 2030. Football is secondary. Just how Ashley made it his cash cow. They dropped Bruce because it was the obvious popular thing to keep the fans on their side after they got dazzled by the PR and money. Long-term, it's going to be very interestig.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

No it's not. That's just the Bruce effect. They have a good solid team. 

I agree. In my opinion, they have a squad fairly capable of finishing 13-15th with a competent manager. Based on squad ability, I’d put them just a handful of positions lower than where we should be (again, based on squad ability). I think Bruce has made many think they’re worse than they are. Where have I seen that before…

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

rodders, their squad is absolute pish man, what are you smoking

Dubravka Lacelles Schar Fernández Shelvey Hayden (Fraser was good before he went there) Wilson ASM.

They were all good players before Bruce got hold of them. They ain't settling the world alright but they aren't that bad

Â