Christian Benteke

Kwan

"Manchester United are set to beat Liverpool in the race to sign Aston Villa's Belgium striker Christian Benteke, with a £32.5m offer for the 24-year-old." - The Sun.

"However, Benteke is keen on forcing a move to Liverpool, but the Reds still need to agree a fee with Villa." - Daily Mail.

HAHAHA rather sign for Liverpool than United?! Hilarious, especially given their new signings this season. Nice try Daily Mail. 

Edited by tomh621

If I'm Benteke, I'd be a little apprehensive to move to a new club for a lot of reasons some being:

• It's right before the Euros and Benteke is playing very well under Sherwood so with that form, he is practically a sure starter for Belgium
  • He might not work well under a new system. Look what happened to Balotelli and Falcao. Both were considered very good signings, but neither worked out at all.
  • If he has another good season, and a good euros, Benteke will be able to choose practically any club he wants. Currently Liverpool fans and even United fans don't really want Benteke especially for the price tag we are asking. Right from the start he would be fighting an uphill battle to convince the fans. 

Why would he prefer a move to liverpool? That is obviously written by a scouse fan

I hope united to do bid as I think we need the money more than tekkers if that make sense, I dont think he will give his all as he clearly wants to go

Shock horror yet another day when I look on my sky sports news and read morning paper talk and the main story is Benteke to Utd. This has been going on for months now, how are the papers not bored of churning out the same stuff. Is it so offensive to them that villa have a good player that they have to try and engineer a move for him. Either that or his agent has good contacts in the press to keep the none story alive

Utd would be a fantastic move for him. I wouldn't begrudge him, and I think we can do a lot with 32m.

Yup, agree with that.

Utd this year with Rooney, Mata, Depay & Benteke as the target man will score loads of goals, they're are in the CL and will probably be pushing for the title.

Can't argue against that to be honest.

On the other hand, **** Liverpool :lol:

Can see him going to United. Never expected Liverpool to pay that kind of money for him but when you look at United paying 30 odd million for Shaw and 28M for Fellaini you expect if they want Benteke the will sign him without being worried about paying over the odds.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

"Manchester United are set to beat Liverpool in the race to sign Aston Villa's Belgium striker Christian Benteke, with a £32.5m offer for the 24-year-old." - The Sun.

"However, Benteke is keen on forcing a move to Liverpool, but the Reds still need to agree a fee with Villa." - Daily Mail.

HAHAHA rather sign for Liverpool than United?! Hilarious, especially given their new signings this season. Nice try Daily Mail.

You do realise that the top one is the Sun right? The BBC added the 'however'. They're two different stories, one saying Utd the other saying Pool.

Seems like man u are a team that would actually be able/willing to meet the release clause so if this rumour is true then it's time to look for a solid replacement. I'd be surprised if we weren't in the market for one anyhow. I say good luck to Benteke either way, because he deserves a place in a top team.

Why not? At Liverpool he'd be main striker whereas at United he may well be back-up to Rooney. If he favoured Liverpool it's understandable.

Didn't it get mentioned when he came here that he loves black arm bands, commemorative silences, 1 minute applause for anniversaries of anything and sporadic singing when winning?

It's not all about winning stuff.

• Like 1

Only Liverpool player I'd be interested in a swop would be Lallana, that sort of clever wide midfield player is the sort we've missed for years but they signed him for 25m and hardly likely to put him in a deal for say 7m.

If Benteke goes he goes. Christ he couldn't have done much more for us could he.

Won an FA cup?

Sacked his dickhead of an agent?

Signed a lifelong contract without a release fee or expiry date?

I don't mind players leaving if they aren't getting football here ala Luna, Weimann et al. They will get all the well wishes in the world from me because they just want to play and they aren't getting the opportunity here...

Its the people who leave us for more money and to win things with other clubs who can, to be fair, get f**ked

couldnt agree more. He should stay here in his dead-end job instead of trying to better himself elsewhere

Dead end job... Don't talk garbage...

I'd love to know what your job is if being a professional footballer on megabucks a week is 'dead end'... Are there any vacancies going?

• Like 1

Â