Christian Benteke

Kwan

Getting a little ahead of themselves but I admire their confidence :)

_84299792_sun_crop.jpg

Can't be true.. They are missing the all important .5.. Utd can't do shit with only £32 million. 

Man United were always the great evil, ruining my childhood and all that but over the last few years Liverpool have completely surpassed them. There favs are **** mental, it truly is a crazy cult.

Not sure if it's always been like this or if I've only noticed it over the last few years.

I almost get the feeling some people will actually celebrate if he joins them.

Edit: Probably a bit harsh actually but I certainly won't be jumping for joy if he joins Man Utd, just because it means he hasn't gone to Liverpool.

It's more that he's too good for Liverpool, and their fans have rallied against him, so it would be all the more frustrating if he went there.

Twitter should have its own word filter on here like word removed and clearing in the woods do.

I'd be genuinely happy if citing "speculation" from twitter was banned.

Edited by Stevo985

The funny thing is I suspect that if Liverpool fans were fawning over Benteke and absolutely dying to get him on-board I probably wouldn't mind so much, because they'd at least appreciate what they're getting.

Liverpool does make more sense for him in terms of his career though.

A club where he is more than likely to start the majority of games (a bigger better club he may not do)

In addition it is a club competing higher up the table and in europe

Also its a club that needs a spark to bring back former glories and if he can do that his reputation will be such that..

...it gives him the platform to move to a truly world class club,  he would not move to a world class club from us and if he moves to plop that is proved

so on one hand i think a plop move would suit him

However,  manure gives him that as well to some extent and the fact they have no striker to speak of gives him more enhanced game time

On saying all that I'm still not convinced he'll leave

Twitter should have its own word filter on here like word removed and clearing in the woods do.

I'd be genuinely happy if citing "speculation" from twitter was banned.

To be fair it depends who's doing it. A verified Journo from a reputable paper is the same as what they'd print. 

The moose from TalkSport or that Amy account can happily get ban hammered. 

TalkSport seem to be the media outlet who most want this to happen. A day hasn't gone by without them having some discussion or mention of it. 

Yesterday they had an article on the website about all you need to know about the Benteke move. I felt like saying all you need to know is no one has put in a bid.

Then we have them saying Villa are playing hard ball over the fee. Nope we are just waiting patiently for someone to meet the buyout clause. Nothing hardball about that.

TalkSport sucks

Liverpool does make more sense for him in terms of his career though.

A club where he is more than likely to start the majority of games (a bigger better club he may not do)

In addition it is a club competing higher up the table and in europe

Also its a club that needs a spark to bring back former glories and if he can do that his reputation will be such that..

...it gives him the platform to move to a truly world class club,  he would not move to a world class club from us and if he moves to plop that is proved

so on one hand i think a plop move would suit him

However,  manure gives him that as well to some extent and the fact they have no striker to speak of gives him more enhanced game time

On saying all that I'm still not convinced he'll leave

As you hint at, the only thing Liverpool gives him is the fact that he can continue to be a big fish in a small pond (albeit a larger pond than his current one).

Regarding starting the majority of games, I think he would do that at United given their current squad breakdown and the fact they've been using Fellaini in that role up to now.  United tick the 'higher up the table and in Europe' box too and they are a club in need of a spark and currently in the process of getting back to where they belong.  I believe as the focal point of their attack and having the selfless Rooney alongside him he would go a long way towards helping United and would get the same boost to reputation.

Basically I think United gives him everything that Liverpool gives him, aswell as the instant gratification of Champions League, a better supporting cast and a bigger team that he never needs to move on from.

Brian i agree with that but the one thing i didnt add was that perhaps manure feel they are a "better" club than benteke? That they should be looking at a Cavani or a Higuain or Benzema as those players are bigger names on the international scene?

Can you imagine if he stays what will the press do

Probably do the same as they did with Delph. Slate him for having no ambition 

Whereas every football fan in the country (barring those of the club he turned down) will salute him for the loyalty shown. The press are a bunch of rocket polishers.

Â