Christian Benteke

Kwan

It's a full football manager merry go round from Tim then and probably exactly what we need, a total refresh. If we can get a proper striker in with the money and the big man goes to United instead of Liverpool it's wins all round.

Any takers for Hernandez plus £24mil from Man United, we need a poacher.  West Ham have bid £9mill for him, starting to get a little envious of West Spam, they have certainly overtaken us in transfer power!!

£24mill would give us funds for another quality striker like Embolo or Jonathas.

Kozak

Hernandez

Embolo/Jonathas

Gabby

Robinson 

Should give us some goals next season

I would take Hernandez no question.

Good move for him. Rooney will pick up injuries and might end up in midfield again.

It's a funny one isn't it, I was devastated when Yorke went there in 1998 but back then the gap between them and us wasn't that massive while it's a distant universe now.

I just hope though if it gets done in the next week or so we put in a gentleman's clause which means he can't play the Villa Park game, that would be too soon.

Must admit the buy out clause has been pretty good for us in this situation.

Clubs know the situation. He won't kick up a fuss as he knows clubs that want him have to pay a certain fee. So both player and club are calm.

We can prepare behind the scenes with the fee in mind.

Why go to liverpool ?? He might aswell stay here

Liverpool are guaranteed to be top half, we aren't. Liverpool have a far larger global reach than we have. Liverpool has a more glamourous reach and more fans than we do.

There are plenty of reasons why someone would choose them over us, just as there are a few why they wouldn't.

The idea that he's as well staying with us is, quite frankly, ridiculous on paper.

If he's going to be playing for them every week, and he and Rodgers thing he can work in their style, or their style can be sufficiently tweaked to work with him, then it's a no brainer really, whether we as Villa fans like it or not

We were interested in Hernandez under Lambert.

Can't see it happening.

Yes I remember that link last summer. Seemed a bit random considering we then went onto sign bargain basement players like Richardson and Senderos.

Did Lambert genuinely believe he could get him or was it dependent on a takeover happening.

If he's talking to teams like Orlando and West Ham don't see why we can't ask the question in any Benteke negotiations. 

Hernandez + Wilson on loan for a season, plus £25m i would be happy with tbh.

Good luck to CB if he goes to a team in the CL, he is that good, no probs, but Deluded FC, no thanks.

I think he is a better player than Yorkie, i think he is that good.

Agreed I'm amazed we haven't had more clubs knocking on the door at the set price.

I think they probably see him as a bit inconsistent maybe, however i'd put that more down to the injuries and dross surrounding him. Whenever he's fit and flying his goal scoring record is up with best of them and that's when playing for us. Imagine when he's getting several chances per game plus the ones he creates himself.

He'll be right at home at the top of the game in my view.

Edited by villaglint

How much would we need to change how we play to get Hernandez scoring regularly?

Needs plenty of crosses, always thought he was better in a 4-4-2 so similar to Bent who we found was redundant when we changed systems.

Him and Gabby upfront in a two could work I think.

I just say Hernandez as we need a reasonable guarantee of goals from whoever replaces Benteke so I'd rather go for someone who's played in the prem. We're in trouble if we sign a JPA type who takes 4 months to score a goal for example.

Hernandez is still young and would excite the fanbase imo, playing every week he'd score 10-15 goals.

We were interested in Hernandez under Lambert.

Can't see it happening.

Me neither, in his prime at 27.

Man Utd -> Real Madrid -> Aston Villa

He's being linked to West Ham and Orlando City, I think we have a chance if we're interested.

How much would we need to change how we play to get Hernandez scoring regularly?

How much did we need to change to get Benteke scoring??

Different players, different styles, different team styles required. If Benteke is off I suspect we'll already know exactly what we're looking for and how we'll play to take advantage of it. I'm just wary of another style change so soon after the last 3

Â