Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think we'll sign someone from Europe in the hope that he'll be the next Benteke. And another, perhaps on loan, who's had Premier experience.

I think that's the most likely and logical. And stand by as that one on loan with prem experience could well be Adebayor....

• Like 1

‘You need a plan just in case that bid does come in but £32.5m is nothing if you lose your Premier League status for next season."

Well said Tim!

On Talk Sport this evening they suggested Benteke was Manchester United's back-up plan if their move for Cavani did not come off but added that they like Liverpool had also baulked at our £32.5m asking price.

£32.5m is the price. Manchester United & Liverpool can both pay it but it seems they do not think our man is worth it and have other targets. Their loss will be our gain!    

Well according to the link I posted he isn't going anywhere. Take that with a huge pinch of salt.

he just says theres nothing in utd interest?
It said "I think he stays"...I took that as in general but I suppose it would be just the Man U link.
oh i thought was sherwood said that

Talkshite said 10 days ago that Plop would complete the deal within 2 days.

No doubting his ability but the saga is becoming boring now so like others I hope it's settled quickly and we can focus on the coming season.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/christian-benteke.406461/page-15

Probably even worse than Liverpool fans...they were like this when Yorke turned up "not good enough for a club of our stature"

He'd score more for them than Cavani I reckon.

Cavani is class.

Interestingly just glancing at Redcafe and it seems none of them rate Benteke, yes I know we have our Villa glasses on here but Benteke can be very inconsistent and maybe too much so for a team playing Champions League.

I think Benteke's shop window was the FA Cup final and he blew it!

Well according to the link I posted he isn't going anywhere. Take that with a huge pinch of salt.

he just says theres nothing in utd interest?
It said "I think he stays"...I took that as in general but I suppose it would be just the Man U link.
oh i thought was sherwood said that

It was ... the other guy has misread the article

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/christian-benteke.406461/page-15

Probably even worse than Liverpool fans...they were like this when Yorke turned up "not good enough for a club of our stature"

He'd score more for them than Cavani I reckon.

Cavani is class.

Interestingly just glancing at Redcafe and it seems none of them rate Benteke, yes I know we have our Villa glasses on here but Benteke can be very inconsistent and maybe too much so for a team playing Champions League.

I think Benteke's shop window was the FA Cup final and he blew it!

cavani was class, he's been poor at PSG, especially on the biggest stage in the champions league, he's kept the goals ticking over but then you'd expect him to in that league for them, last 6/7 times ive seen him in the CL he's gone missing, and he'd cost more upfront and be on far higher wages, at 28 i dont think theres a sensible deal to be done there

more than a few of them suggestng they dont need benteke because they have fellaini, yeah ok then...

agree about the cup final comment

I don't know why but I have a feeling that Sherwood actually wants him to leave so he can reinvest the 32m, personally I cant see Utd wanting him and I don't think Liverpool will reach the buy out clause so think he will stay.

Â