Christian Benteke

Kwan

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 2m2 minutes ago

NEWS Liverpool are set to activate Christian Benteke's £32,5m release clause. He'll be the most expensive Belgian (for now). #LFC #AVFC

Like I said I think he will end up at Liverpool.

with cash or 28.2m and lambert?

A combination of players - Abel Xavier, Peggy Arphexad, Stephane Henchoz, Neil Mellor and Jari Litmanen

For some reason Benteke has his heart set on Liverpool

If he's going he's going, I don't really care that it's Liverpool myself. If we can use the money to sign the likes of Praet and others of similar quality then I think it'll be worth it, rather than let Benteke run his contract down.

I can't imagine Lerner was sanctioning transfers on the hypothetical chance that Benteke's release clause might be met and he'd be re-imbursed.  You have to assume Lerner was happy to be buying who we've been buying regardless of whether Benteke went or not.  Now how much of the Benteke windfall ends up being given to Sherwood is a separate discussion but I don't think the money we've been spending to date (which let's face it isn't a whole lot anyway) was at all dependent upon Benteke leaving.

• Like 2

Surely the deal for Amavi and players we've already bought aren't coming out of any Benteke money. Because at the time of buying them ( and negotiating for Amavi) we hadn't even received a bid for Benteke nor did we know if he'd be sold.

Edited by useless

Why are Liverpool 'set' to activate the clause? why don't they just do it?

Yeah and I have to laugh at the articles saying things like "United to win the race to sign ...".  What **** 'race'?  You pick the phone up and buy the man.

Guess the question is are the buys we made coming out of this money or is this going to be on top of what we have spent.

if say Amavi,Praet & a striker i dunno lets say Embolo come out of cash from selling a player that doesnt want to be here then thats brilliant business

with how sherwood likes to attack Bentekes 11 goals last season will be easy to cover

BUT...would a striker we sign out of his money score 20..hopefuly and like to think so but will be hard to replace what hes capable of

would of liked to of signed Amavi Praet and a striker and keep Tekkers but either way still think if we sign Amavia Praet Embolo and a loan of Bambford or someone im convinced it will be a better season than we are used to and be safe with 5 games to go

Surely the deal for Amavi and players we've already bought aren't coming out of any Benteke money. Because at the time of buying them ( and negotiating for Amavi) we hadn't even received a bid for Benteke nor did we know if he'd be sold.

Unless Randy is going to make Tim reimburse the club for those deals with the Benteke money, lol.

Â