Christian Benteke

Kwan

I'm sure he's off, and fair play to him, but I think a little bit of me will die when I see him in a Liverpool / Man U shirt. A totally separate argument to have, and yes he deserved to be playing at a higher level, but what's the point? We bring these players in, and if they're any good, they're off to one of the Sky clubs a few seasons later. How are we supposed to build a team, capable of stepping up to the next level? Modern football stinks, I tell ya! 

Because thats what we are as a club .  I have been saying for ages and got roundly criticised as well but we are a feeder club

I can't believe I'm in the position of actually wanting any Villa player to go to Man Utd.

The way Liverpool have gone about this is just as bad as Barry - they've unsettled the player then refused to actually meet the price that is fair. Not only that, then it looks like they'll lose out like with Barry too. Lovely.

Part of the reason I didn't want him to go to Liverpool I guess is because in the periods of 'Benteke' he looks a world class, top striker. 'Benteke' deserves to be at a top, Champions League club. Not a wannabe like Liverpool as in two years time if he can replicate that kind of form regularly, he'll be asking for a move again to actually win things.

Of course, there is the 'Benteskey' in him too. Where he struggles for weeks to get in games. That won't be accepted at United. I guess we'll find out if that was him, or the dross around him at Villa.

Man Utd, having had much more practice at being a top club recently also won't prat around. They'll offer the money being asked, or not at all. And good luck to him there.

Of course, this could all just be media bullshit because of the favouriting of 'that' Tweet - and why wouldn't he favourite it? It was a compliment about him and one of the best football teams in the world? The media need to explain why the move to Liverpool that has been certain to happen every day for a month now hasn't happened. Easy to switch it to another club now. I hope it does come off though - Tim will hopefully have a bit of money to play with.... 

• Like 2

I'm sure he's off, and fair play to him, but I think a little bit of me will die when I see him in a Liverpool / Man U shirt. A totally separate argument to have, and yes he deserved to be playing at a higher level, but what's the point? We bring these players in, and if they're any good, they're off to one of the Sky clubs a few seasons later. How are we supposed to build a team, capable of stepping up to the next level? Modern football stinks, I tell ya! 

Because thats what we are as a club .  I have been saying for ages and got roundly criticised as well but we are a feeder club

So are about 16 Premier League clubs to be fair.

Because thats what we are as a club . I have been saying for ages and got roundly criticised as well but we are a feeder club

Unfortunately every team below the top 4 are...

That's just football.

Would try and delay the deal to Utd until 15th August otherwise it'll be obvious what will happen......

Ha! To be fair, lets get it done and bring in a replacement and couple of other players who'll improve the team. It's not as if Man Utd wouldn't beat us easily without Benteke....

When Tottenham sold Berbatov, Carrick, Modric and Bale, nobody accused them of being a feeder club. They called it good business.

Selling Benteke now might well be good business. In a way it is good that it is a little out of our hands, they get to go with the flow rather than making the tough decision and they get a little respite from any criticism.

• Like 2

All clubs bar the very elite lose their best players - it's a natural process. I'm not sure why some Villa fans consider us to be a special case in that regard.

Another story another merry go round Man U just made a bid for Ramos and it seems cavani is top of the list how much can Man U pay before they brake rules! I no it must be a lot with their income but how much????

Well the rules were suggested and implemented by an ex Man Utd director...

All clubs bar the very elite lose their best players - it's a natural process. I'm not sure why some Villa fans consider us to be a special case in that regard.

Agree, if arsenal can't prevent their best players from joining city and Utd then why do fans expect us to be any different?

Even the elite do - it's just to each other. Utd are currently trying to hold on to De Gea.

And of course that elite club Liverpool ( ;) ) with anyone who is half decent for them Suarez, Sterling, Torres etc ;)

I do hope Benteke acts a little more classy than that diving bugger Young.

Makes sense for united they only have Rooney left to play upfront with rvp gone and chiqarito apparantly for sale so Benteke a proven prem league scorer looks good buisness.

Plus under LVG they used Fellani as a target man so he would fit in with style of play.

Yeah, as others have said, that's the case for the majority. I get the food chain thing, and I understand players want the big bucks and Champions League etc. It's just totally stacked in the favour of the few now. The rest of us just make up the numbers, which is why I ask what the point is? Does anyone expect to ever see us win the leagues ever again (barring a sugar daddy scenario), the way football is at them moment? When I read that knob from the Mirror saying Delph bottled it, because he should sign for the one of the "big boys" and win trophies, and justifies it by saying, that's the way it is now, it sickens me. All you're going to have is those few clubs picking off the players they want, and leaving everyone else just happy to be mentioned in the same 20 clubs as them, and be happy to avoid relegation by Christmas. What a load of old bollocks, it really is. 

Agree, if arsenal can't prevent their best players from joining city and Utd then why do fans expect us to be any different?
I don't but the rules stink bring back the days when a team like Nottingham forest come up from nowhere and win the European cup

Every club except Barcelona and Real Madrid are feeder clubs

So are about 16 Premier League clubs to be fair.

I would say 17.

Â