Fabian Delph

Do doo bee-do-doo

Fabian Delph

Do do-do-doo

Fabian Delph

Do doo bee-do-doo bee-do-doo bee-do-doo bee-do-do-doodle doo doo do-do-doo

Went on and on for ages

• Like 1

Most talented Aston Villa player I've ever seen. Certified.

Also, did anybody else see him hold off three Liverpool players on his own, whilst sitting on his arse and still kept the ball?

£35m+ please. Thanks.

Edited by samjp26

In the short time I have seen Benteke play he is for me the best forward I have seen in a Villa shirt. The 1st CF I recall was Andy Lochead but throw in Andy Gray, Peter Withe, Brian Little, Gary Shaw, David Platt, Dwight York, Dean Saunders etc and you then realise that I hold him very highly as all of those mentioned were top class players.

I'm dreading losing him because he's the type of player we could build a team around. In fact with Delph, Grealish, Clark, Guzan we already have the makings of a good team. If Sherwood were able to keep Cleverley and maybe Sinclair plus add to the squad without losing any of the players I've mentioned then we will not be struggling in the lower half of this league again.

Problem is I doubt if this will be enough to convince him to stay as I assume he want's CL football ASAP.

I said before 25m upwards to 50m but let's get greedy here 60m plus 25% of any future profit.

In the short time I have seen Benteke play he is for me the best forward I have seen in a Villa shirt. The 1st CF I recall was Andy Lochead but throw in Andy Gray, Peter Withe, Brian Little, Gary Shaw, David Platt, Dwight York, Dean Saunders etc and you then realise that I hold him very highly as all of those mentioned were top class players.

I'm dreading losing him because he's the type of player we could build a team around. In fact with Delph, Grealish, Clark, Guzan we already have the makings of a good team. If Sherwood were able to keep Cleverley and maybe Sinclair plus add to the squad without losing any of the players I've mentioned then we will not be struggling in the lower half of this league again.

Problem is I doubt if this will be enough to convince him to stay as I assume he want's CL football ASAP.

I said before 25m upwards to 50m but let's get greedy here 60m plus 25% of any future profit.

Funny thing is, European football is literally one game away (the FA Cup Final). Benteke could decide his own fate and get himself European football by destroying Arsenal.

Also, did anybody else see him hold off three Liverpool players on his own, whilst sitting on his arse and still kept the ball?

It's effortless for him. Players just bounce off him without him even trying.

It's beuatiful

He's just amazing. He's going to outgrow us and become too good for us - but I think as long as we are aware of this then its not too much of a problem.

This is different to players such as Yorke, Young, Milner, Southgate - where we weren't prepared for them leaving and we held false hope that they would reject approaches from "bigger" clubs (and Middlesbrough).

Benteke is simply world class IMO, he will leave us at some point, so lets just make the most of him while we have him and then get as much money as possible when he leaves so we can re-invest.

Even though he is scoring all our goals at the moment, I'm not concerned about losing him, I think Tim could find a replacement and still get the most out of Gabby so we are more than comfortable next season.

He is worth 40m easy what a beast

No, he just isn't.

10 games ago, he was an utter disgrace. You don't suddenly become worth over 40m after a few games. Madness. A true 40m player would do it all season, every season. Aguero is a 40m player.

He wasn't a disgrace he was playing under the most negative manager ever. He never got the ball and never had any help. Aguero would have looked shite in our team this season because he just wouldn't get the ball.

The Telegraph have an article in which they report a £30M buy out clause was included in Benteke's last contract.

I think his last contract was in the days of Hairyhands and he confirmed there was no buyout clause in his last contract

I think there are people on this board who want to sell Benteke because they think we'll get £35+ million for him. Money doesn't score goals, Benteke does. I'd rather have Benteke. If we have to sell him I hope we get lots of cash for him, but if we don't have to sell him - I mean him going on strike post transfer request turned down, I think we should keep him. He seems so happy here, and losing him would kill the team morale. He's Mr Aston Villa at the moment. He boosts the performance of all around him because they know that if they do their part, up the top of the pitch is a player who can put it in the back of the net. He personifies everything that's good about the team, and you know who ever comes in next won't be even close to him. We have the most in form striker in Europe playing for us at the moment, and that has never happened during my entire time watching Villa. I don't think anyone should compare having him play for us next season to having £35 million to spend on a replacement plus some midfielders and defenders. 

• Like 4

I think there are people on this board who want to sell Benteke because they think we'll get £35+ million for him. Money doesn't score goals, Benteke does. I'd rather have Benteke. If we have to sell him I hope we get lots of cash for him, but if we don't have to sell him - I mean him going on strike post transfer request turned down, I think we should keep him. He seems so happy here, and losing him would kill the team morale. He's Mr Aston Villa at the moment. He boosts the performance of all around him because they know that if they do their part, up the top of the pitch is a player who can put it in the back of the net. He personifies everything that's good about the team, and you know who ever comes in next won't be even close to him. We have the most in form striker in Europe playing for us at the moment, and that has never happened during my entire time watching Villa. I don't think anyone should compare having him play for us next season to having £35 million to spend on a replacement plus some midfielders and defenders. 

Well, of course, ideal world is that he stays - but do you lose Benteke for, say, £35m or have him run down his contract and leave on a free?

Yes I go along with that. I would say Andy Gray was better in the air although he wasn't even 6 ft, but allround Benteke has the lot. 

Well, of course, ideal world is that he stays - but do you lose Benteke for, say, £35m or have him run down his contract and leave on a free?

I say as long as he's happy here, you have him run down his contract and then see where we are. Two more seasons out of him for £35 million sounds like good value to me. And over that time we may be able to convince him to sign on again. He is worth more to Villa than he is to other teams. He sells shirts. He does promotional work. If you're considering sponsorship, you'll want your brand pictured with The Beast. And the indirect value he has to other players, both those who are here and those who may sign in the future. If he went to a big club he would just be another player, and that anotherness would be reflected in how much they would pay for him, and while it might seem like a lot to us, £17.5 million a year is a snip compared to the value he represents to Villa in a Villa shirt. 

• Like 1

Exactly this.

I don't think anybody wants to sell him. If we got £35m for him, who would we replace him with? I certainly can't think of any strikers worth around that money who I'd rather have in the team.

However, I think people recognise that financially, selling him this summer might be the way the club has to go. He has 2 years left and is unlikely to extend his contract beyond that. So this summer is probably the last chance we'll have of getting a monster fee for him.

I'd love to have Benteke here for 2 more seasons (and more, obviously). But if that happens we then lose him and get no money to replace him with.

Â