Christian Benteke

Kwan

I worry about what was written into his contract.

£25mil was the so called stumbling block with Spurs. What happens if someone does offer £25mil?

£25mil is peanuts for a top 4 club to offer for a striker.£50mil should be a starting point for negotiations and even then I would say no, for two reasons. Firstly its not my money and secondly we would get the same amount 12 months down the line so we might as well keep him for another year.

Reading RAWK, and some posters talking about signing him up for Liverpool. 

1. You don't have Champions League Football.

2. You couldn't afford him.

3. He deserves to be at a top European club (if he does leave).

To be honest if he carries on his current form, I could envisage a bidding war for his services in the summer.

• Like 1

£25m.........double it at least.

Let's not get silly. 25-30m would be fair as it stands.

Not really. Lukaku and Bony went for that. There's no way they're on his level, even in better sides they look worse players.

They both looked better players before this run of form for Benteke. Bony was as good for Swansea as Benteke has been for us IMO.

It's ok saying other players that aren't playing as well went for the same fee, but at the same time there are players who have played better for longer periods who were bought for much less.

There's no point putting obscene value on players because your only going to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

He is worth 40m easy what a beast

No, he just isn't.

10 games ago, he was an utter disgrace. You don't suddenly become worth over 40m after a few games. Madness. A true 40m player would do it all season, every season. Aguero is a 40m player.

He is worth 40m easy what a beast

No, he just isn't.

10 games ago, he was an utter disgrace. You don't suddenly become worth over 40m after a few games. Madness. A true 40m player would do it all season, every season. Aguero is a 40m player.

Well the market will decide but I think you a little overly negative in the comparison.....

Benteke in a bottom half side has 46 goals from 88 league and cup games,,........which considering his injury gives a very good ratio of .52 goals per game.

Aguero, right up there as possibly the best in the country, with a side who create chances for fun, has 81 in 107 , or .75…..........

Those are league and cup but if converted to a league season of 38 games means tekkers gets you 20 and Aguerro, surrounded by talent, about 27.

Not such a massive difference IMO.

Ffs of course not.

It was a pretty reasonable response to your post and said what it said, that the difference as suggested by the stats is not as great as you seemed to imply.

How much closer would tellers be to 27/28 if he played for man city ? And how much closer Aguerro be to 19/20.

Really nothing odd or controversial in what I've said unless someone wants there to be !

Well I'm not sure what your saying then?

First your saying of course your not saying they are of the same calibre, and then your saying there isn't much difference between them (especially if Benteke was playing for a top club).

Well I'm not sure what your saying then?

First your saying of course your not saying they are of the same calibre, and then your saying there isn't much difference between them (especially if Benteke was playing for a top club).

I'm saying Aguero clearly has a better goal scoring record, but does play for a much better quality team, and that the difference between them is not as great as it sounded like you thought from your post. In fact their goals to games ratio suggests a difference of about half a dozen goals a season, and some of this could change if they swapped clubs.

I'm not sure what is confusing about that but I'm certainly not arguing the toss tonight !!!!

Â