Christian Benteke

Kwan

Hmm, good point.

This summer will be very interesting even more so than usual.

Looking likely new ownership will come in; if Benteke feels he wants to move on I personally wouldn't blame him if i'm honest especially if it's to Wolfsburg with De Bruyne and CL lined up already for him, if new ownership could convince him to stay and we could strengthen the squad that would be great.

I think alot depends on the new ownership which in my opinion will now certainly go through.

Obviously with FFP in mind etc I still do believe we could strengthen and do really well in the market but hard to say really until the identities of the potential new owners are revealed as to what to expect.

with his form and standing now restored - if we do sell him, you'd have to think we could be asking for the region of 30-35mil for him

Ahhhh, back to this one again. An fans wanted to throw him away mid season for less than 10 mil. :)

I never lost faith, check my posts. Did get a little lazy with Lambo in charge, but who didn't.

with his form and standing now restored - if we do sell him, you'd have to think we could be asking for the region of 30-35mil for him

Ahhhh, back to this one again. An fans wanted to throw him away mid season for less than 10 mil. :)

I never lost faith, check my posts. Did get a little lazy with Lambo in charge, but who didn't.

Yup. Was pretty clear that most of the players performed badly on purpose to get Lambert sacked.

Yup. Was pretty clear that most of the players performed badly on purpose to get Lambert sacked.

I don't think that's true.

And if it is then the players should be ashamed.

• Like 1

It doesn't seem like the kind of attitude that can just be switched off. Might be wrong, but the same players going from that to showing the kind of battling spirit that beat Spurs seems unlikely in a relatively short space of time. I don't buy it.

It doesn't seem like the kind of attitude that can just be switched off. Might be wrong, but the same players going from that to showing the kind of battling spirit that beat Spurs seems unlikely in a relatively short space of time. I don't buy it.

I think there's a difference between being completely unmotivated by the situation at the club and performing badly as a result of that 

and

deliberately playing badly in order to get the manager sacked.

The first I can accept. The second is completely unacceptable.

Maybe I'm being harsh but I still view him as a form player. Nobody played well towards the end of the Lambert days, the football was grim but Benteke was one of the worst.

I'm not sure the best team in the league would be willing to set theory team up around him like Sherwood has. I think he could play for a better team but he probably wouldn't be a regular.

I'm still hoping he'll be here for another season at least. Such a good player who quite frankly shouldn't be playing in a team that has been fighting relegation for the past five seasons. Hopefully Sherwood manages to convince to stay here, he seems to have gotten the best out of him at least.

Looks pumped up in his presser for the semi-final! 

Also just saw a quote when he was asked about his partnership with Gabby:

"He helps me destroy defenders"

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 4

Looks pumped up in his presser for the semi-final! 

Also just saw a quote when he was asked about his partnership with Gabby:

"He helps me destroy defenders"

Please tell me that quote is true - it's **** hilarious.

Â