Christian Benteke

Kwan

Looks pumped up in his presser for the semi-final!

Also just saw a quote when he was asked about his partnership with Gabby:

"He helps me destroy defenders"

Please tell me that quote is true - it's **** hilarious.

Link to Bentekes interview vid.

http://www.independent.ie/videos/sport/video-christian-benteke-aston-villa-not-safe-to-relax-31143577.html

Edited by yayoboy

Saw on SSN that Sherwood and the big man will hold talks over his future in the summer, which we all pretty much knew anyway. Got a feeling its going to be a bit up and down like it was in the summer after gmhis first season but hopefully we will come out of it smiling again.

Will be a sad sad day when he does leave but we never expected him to give us 3 seasons (albeit injured for a long time). Just hope to God that Timmys powers of persuasion can get another season from him

He really deserves better than this. He's good enough to play for a Champions League team and we're not going to be able to offer him that any time in the foreseeable future, obviously. I hope to God he stays as he's the best striker I've ever seen play for us but if he wants better, we can't stand in his way.

He deserves better than what we are now. Hopefully we can give him that. Though eventually he'll want to play at the very top which we will never be able to offer him.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

Indication he might stick around a bit longer. Here's some quotes:

“Since I came I have had a lot of pressure here,” he said,

“In Belgium they said I wasn’t ready because the step up in quality is really high.

“They said I should stay one more season in Belgium. But I said: ‘No, I am confident, I want to go.’

“If I want to one day, after say four or five years, be with an even bigger club, then it is pressure every time also.

“I’m happy now though because of the way we play."

Comfortable in his surroundings and enjoying his life, Benteke is in a good place right now.

His son Jaden has brought him extra joy and after endless hours of English tuition with player liason officer Lorna McClelland, he is settled nicely in the Midlands.

• Like 2

Very good noises coming from the big man at the moment.

However just so we are not rewriting history. 

He says he wasnt happy under Lambert because he wasnt fit, and wasnt getting any chances. Whilst it is definitely true that we really struggled to create chances under Lambert and he didnt get many. I remember him missing about 4-5 sitters in the first half dozen games he had back after injury. Nitpicking I know but something in me was drawn to point that out.

See the Sunday papers have man utd lining up a 25 mil bid. Not near enough in my opinion. The second half of the season has proved if this guy gets service and is confident he'll score for fun. 40 mil for Falcao? Must mean the beast is worth much more.

Is it me or does it seem like Sherwood coming out with those comments means he has it wrapped up that he can definitely persuade him to stick around, or he's basically put him right in the shop window and theres nothing we can do to keep him. There will be clubs queing up. Prem clubs will have ridiculous money to offer both us and Tekkers this summer.

I think we better enjoy these last 6(?) games we have with him

I see plop also eying him up according to another Sunday rag. To be honest I don't want him playing for another English team. If he wants to go please let him move abroad. I reckon he could destroy teams in la liga.

Â