Christian Benteke

Kwan

Hoping we can keep him for another season. A whole season under Sherwood could see a spectacular season from Benteke. 

Still not at his best and scored 2. Gabby at his best and scored 2. 

Looking like he has woken up and the beast his hungry, defences will be dreading playing Villa if he hits his stride again. 

Edited by Nicho

Seems to have a good relationship with Sherwood so a happy Benteke will score plenty of goals between now and the end of the season.

I was thinking about his contract situation the other day...did he sign a 4 or 5 year deal in 2013? If it's only 4 he has two years left in the summer so that will be a problem for the club and we don't really want to go down the Delph-Vlaar route again of key players running down their deals.

Can't see anyone taking a punt on him this summer as the bad injury looks to have taken a bit of pace off his game but I think logically it would be a good move to get him sign a 2 year extension, he scores 20 + goals next season, scores a few in euro 2016 and then we'll see what happens.

His progress under tim is impressive and he still isnt 100% fit. It wouldn't be fair towards villa if he left after this season. in his last interview he made verry clear that the transferrequest was a big mistake.

I actually think Sinclair and Gabby bagging a few - forced him to up his game - after all he couldn't blame service if the other strikers are banging them in....

• Like 1

His progress under tim is impressive and he still isnt 100% fit. It wouldn't be fair towards villa if he left after this season. in his last interview he made verry clear that the transferrequest was a big mistake.

I actually think Sinclair and Gabby bagging a few - forced him to up his game - after all he couldn't blame service if the other strikers are banging them in....

No question to me that that's it. A penalty and two goals against a pub squad hasn't convinced me yet. But I remain perfectly persuadable!  

I've never expected Benteke to be at the club after this season, would be nice if the Sherwood factor could change that, but for now I just want him to have as good a run in as possible.

I like the pragmatism of this comment!

Confidence is the key, he is starting to get the mojo back, As TS said the strikers were living off scraps and this leads to serious pressure especially if you are not 100% fit. He is going to score loads before the season ends mainly due to the amount of chances we will create. This will ensure he stays next season as he will be loving life and enjoying playing again. He will also be wanting to see what the new ownership if it happens will bring.

Against West Brom he pulled out of a few headers on goal.

Great to see a confident Christian arriving at the back post like that,

**** off, I'm bigger than you, this is going in.

• Like 4

Pleasing to see him back amongst the goals and if it keeps up then I will be well n truly wrong regarding my shouts to sell him in January.

:) really? if we sold him in january, we would be as good as relegated by now, he's a quite brilliant centre forward who is just coming to his best form after a serious injury, when he's in full flow, he's a joy to watch. When he leaves, he will grace the top of the game, I'm sure of it

• Like 1

Tough choice.

Can we play two upfront and have Sinclair out wide?

Yes

Yeah it worked really well.

Looking forward to seeing it again.

Me too

Â