Christian Benteke

Kwan

Ah so he's declared "fit" to play for belgium

In before he aggravates his hip injury

I remember the last time he played for belgium he had a knee injury at the time and was declared "fit" then

Didn't last the 90 and was taken of injured don't think he played again for 3 - 4 weeks after

I think you can only pull them out with the cooperation of the international team in question.

Correct.

People are always up in arms about this sort of thing. Lambert got pelters for exactly the same thing.

You can't just refuse to let your player go on international duty. If they want him to report and be assessed by their own medical team you pretty much have to let it happen.

Edited by Stevo985

Yeah I am.

I was confirming what he was saying.

Edit: read his post slightly wrong so my first sentence didn't make sense. Corrected.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Fair enough that Belgium might want to undertake a few tests but if we maintain he is injured and there is a dispute then who has final say?  Why should we believe their bias medical team more than they should believe ours!

If they play him against our wishes then ins't it their risk surely in terms of insurance, wages etc.

Someone said above that he limped out of training and so if he's been in action for them (even though its just training) then that must surely be on their head.  If he was fit to play and then got injured they would pay up, No?

Surely the only argument they would have is if they were playing him whilst injured with our permission and why the hell would we allow that?

Edited by CannockVillan

I'm with the late, great Douglas Adams on this right now: 

In today’s modern Galaxy there is, of course, very little still held to be unspeakable...There is one word that is still beyond the pale. The concept it embodies is so revolting that the publication or broadcast of the word is utterly forbidden in all parts of the galaxy except one - where they don’t know what it means. That word is “Belgium”

• Like 1

Â