Christian Benteke

Kwan

At this crucial stage of the season we cannot really afford to be without him for any games due to injury.

But it seems the relationship between Wroy and Liverpool is much different to the rtelationship between Marc Wilmot and Aston Villa as is the desire for players to turn out for England/Belgium when they have any sort of injury concern or in the case of Pool players feel a bit tired and have a game the following Saturday.

I expect him to play in one or both of the games and I just hope he returns fit to play for us after that.    

So other than Benteke their options are restricted to Origi and maybe Mertens playing out of position if they're desperate. I think it's safe to say he'll be playing at least one game.

So other than Benteke their options are restricted to Origi and maybe Mertens playing out of position if they're desperate. I think it's safe to say he'll be playing at least one game.

I guess so. I am worried.

Brussels - a place so nondescript it is most famous for the sprout. You can see the whole place in a day, why anyone would move there is beyond me.

Take that Belgium.

You may know this, but Conrad's famous description of Brussels as the "sepulchral city" in Heart of Darkness doesn't make it seem much better:

I found myself back in the sepulchral city resenting the sight of people hurrying through the streets to filch a little money from each other, to devour their infamous cookery, to gulp their unwholesome beer, to dream their insignificant and silly dreams. They trespassed upon my thoughts. They were intruders whose knowledge of life was to me an irritating pretence, because I felt so sure they could not possibly know the things I knew. Their bearing, which was simply the bearing of commonplace individuals going about their business in the assurance of perfect safety, was offensive to me like the outrageous flauntings of folly in the face of a danger it is unable to comprehend. I had no particular desire to enlighten them, but I had some difficulty in restraining myself from laughing in their faces so full of stupid importance. 

• Like 2

Brussels has 37 "Bib Gourmand" restaurants in the Michelin Guide, so I doubt if you could do all those in a day.

(By comparison, Birmingham has 1 and that's actually in Belbroughton).

Edited by briny_ear

Brussels has 37 "Bib Gourmand" restaurants in the Michelin Guide, so I doubt if you could do all those in a day.

(By comparison, Birmingham has 1 and that's actually in Belbroughton).

Rather generous definition of 'Birmingham' that, Belbroughton is in Worcestershire!

Â