Christian Benteke

Kwan

Did anyone else think the muted celebration was a bit weird considering the importance of the goal, and the reactions of the team around him. I only saw highlights so might have misread it, but it looked like he wasn't too bothered that he'd scored such a huge goal?

It was a carbon copy of when Balotelli ended his horrible run with a penalty as well. Pretty sure he'll celebrate properly when he scores from open play.

Yeah probably just keeping cool for the effect, like saying; 'it's not a surprise to me, I know I'm amazing'. Just thought it seemed strange!

He's at least trying, it will come as long as he's making the runs.

His form has been so off it's been hard watching him play but we all know how good he can be, besides which we aren't exactly blessed with quality forwards without him.

re-watched the highlights this morning

That is one ice cold mother fuggin finish for his pen

I was borderline shaking at the pub, could barely watch. Yet he was calm enough to do that, boggles the mind.

Why are people moaning that he didn't 'celebrate'?

He was probably relieved to have scored the penalty and was taking it all in. Could see his confidence grew with that goal.

Typical VT.

Reading into things too much.

He was absolutely woeful but got an assist and a goal so...

My major concern is, clearly he still possesses plenty of confidence (as pen proved), so it basically eliminates all but one thing to work out his lack of impact from open play - work rate and desire.

Did not he work enough? I saw him over the whole width of the pitch between WBA defenders and midfielders. He surprised some WBA defenders at times, that he was in the build-up of chance creation and not in the box, just trying late runs into the box - it is so hard to mark those runs. He wasted at least one clear chance after that late run into the box when his header was blocked by defender, both commentators thought, it was going in, only replays to show, that it was tremendous last ditch tackle to convert the ball for a corner.

The beast is improving and I hope he will be fully awaken just in time to save us.

I would like to see his heat map from last night match.

Edit: adding.

Edited by Majkee

I think it could be the after effects of his injury - TS seems to have everyone else fired up - but it hasn't worked on CB - I suspect he is running on empty

Don't know why you think CB isn't/wasn't fired up. Seems pretty happy with TS after the game.

Tim-Sherwood-celebrates-with-Christian-B

Yeah, it was absolutely relief. The joy is taken out of a penalty because of the expectation that you'll score. With the added weight of the game situation and the relegation battle on his shoulders, the feeling when he scored would have initially been relief.

He looked somewhat emotional/relieved if anything

I heard an interview with him today, and I wasn't impressed at all, to be honest. I always thought his recent issue has been "confidence," which is a bit of a meaningless cliche, the more I think about it. He sounded a lot more complacent and self-satisfied than I'd ever imagined him being. I wish Sherwood would bench him.

I heard an interview with him today, and I wasn't impressed at all, to be honest. I always thought his recent issue has been "confidence," which is a bit of a meaningless cliche, the more I think about it. He sounded a lot more complacent and self-satisfied than I'd ever imagined him being. I wish Sherwood would bench him.

Wait..What?

"Confidence not cockyness." 

I didn't think Benteke's performance was up to the top standard we used to have from him but to still get an assist and score a vital penalty shows he is still contributing.

Hopefully now we're creating more chances the goals and confidence will start to come back.

Seriously. You crazy.

Â