Christian Benteke

Kwan

Congrats Christian, scorer of our first penalty of the season!!! And our first goal in the last 20 mins of a game if I'm not mistaken. Every chance his confidence will grow from that now & will be back to bullying the opposition for the rest of the season

Cool head for the pen - and got the flick for gabby's goal.

But overall I though he was poor tonight - we badly need a few big games from him - we are carrying him at the moment..

So an assist and a goal and we are carrying him? I (obviously) don't agree.

He is still not quite there, but as I said to our kid last night he is at least starting to win his aerial duels again. His physicality is coming back and whilst he's not scoring he is creating. He still a big big player for us, metaphorically and literally.

Massive bollocks for the pen too. My word! I'm still expecting him to fluff it!

• Like 1

Did anyone else think the muted celebration was a bit weird considering the importance of the goal, and the reactions of the team around him. I only saw highlights so might have misread it, but it looked like he wasn't too bothered that he'd scored such a huge goal?

Did anyone else think the muted celebration was a bit weird considering the importance of the goal, and the reactions of the team around him. I only saw highlights so might have misread it, but it looked like he wasn't too bothered that he'd scored such a huge goal?

It was a carbon copy of when Balotelli ended his horrible run with a penalty as well. Pretty sure he'll celebrate properly when he scores from open play.

Â