Christian Benteke

Kwan

Benteke is a cut above, his general play away from any scoring position is just world class, really. His hold up play, his flicks, passes, his ability to shake defenders is a joy to watch. Best Villa striker I've seen since Dwight Yorke. And if Benteke had better support, he'd be even more of a force. 

He deserves the captaincy for that performance.

Good game. Still needs to work on his movement and be more aggressive when running at defenders

That's not really his game though (running at defenders). His movement is fine. He has a great move where he toe pokes the ball and just out strides the defender to create space to pass or shoot. That's how he beats defenders, it's more a mental thing, he thinks a half step ahead of his opponent. 

Edited by maqroll

I'm not surprised at all really. He's shown how good he is so often in the past and it was blatantly obvious that he was just struggling for confidence after that really long injury lay-off. I never once doubted him - such a brilliant player.

Also the first Villa player to score more than one hat-trick with Villa in the PL era I believe.

• Like 2

Â