Jimzk5

• 2 weeks later...

Not too sure we should be laughing too hard at this. Not sure how much of our own budget would be dependent on us selling a star or two. Did Alemany avoid joining us for a similar reason? Genuinely don’t know but I wouldn’t be too gleeful about the Wolves situation as we are one of many clubs trying to improve but hamstrung by FFP.

59 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not too sure we should be laughing too hard at this. Not sure how much of our own budget would be dependent on us selling a star or two. Did Alemany avoid joining us for a similar reason? Genuinely don’t know but I wouldn’t be too gleeful about the Wolves situation as we are one of many clubs trying to improve but hamstrung by FFP.

They’ve spent a hell of money to ultimately find themselves going backwards though. I hadn’t realised quite how much they’ve gone through until recently.

Best part of 200m by most estimates spent since last summer as far as I can tell (including the loan deals that are due to be made permanent). Maybe something like 60-70m coming back in. And people complain about our signings not being worth the money, blimey.

I wouldn’t worry about Alemany, I think that’s essentially dipping his toe in other waters with half an eye on getting a better deal at Barca.

Even taking the claret & blue hat off, the noise around Villa is positive, Wolves it comes across like the best they’re hoping for is maintaining the status quo.

I think they’re looking at Neves having to go to fund transfer. Not sure we’re looking at selling, say, Luiz for our dealings.

I do agree about not going too crazy with the schadenfreude. It’s been a bit back and forth over the past few years, so who’s to say what the next couple of seasons will bring.

Won’t lie though, I’m glad we’re in our shoes and not theirs :)

• Like 1

What happens when you make yourself a plaything for Mendes exclusively. Some utter bizarre transfers in recent years and totally not an exercise in money laundering (allegedly, here’s looking at you Fabio Silva).  

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

just to remind everybody....

spacer.png

Can someone clarify the colour “old gold” for me please?  

Perhaps it’s more like this????  🤣

460AC989-9750-42EC-90F8-97B07F3AD62F.thumb.jpeg.12e2a5ae73acdc722492318c94c7c29f.jpeg

Edited by ferguson1

Seem to get stories similar to this every summer with Wolves, managers leaving, Neves or other star players leaving, no money to spend, Fosun losing interst and so on, but it's never quite as bad as suggested, makes me wonder if they put the stories out on purpose, so that then what ever does transpire doesn't seem as bad as the initual dreaded scenario. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced in coming days that Lopetegui is staying.

Edited by useless

Semedo seems to have improved and i saw that he got extended for 2 years. But they paid 40mil for fabio silva, raul jimenez is leaving to go to the MLS apparently and neves is being sold, think there is a question mark over podence and moutinho is also off, so looks like they are going to go through a transition period. Adama going too

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Semedo seems to have improved and i saw that he got extended for 2 years. But they paid 40mil for fabio silva, raul jimenez is leaving to go to the MLS apparently and neves is being sold, think there is a question mark over podence and moutinho is also off, so looks like they are going to go through a transition period. Adama going too

Woulsn't mind us signing Podence. He looks great every time I watch Wolves play (which isn't much admittedly). 

• Like 1

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha…

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..

Ha ha ha ha ha ha..

Ha ha ha ha ha..

Ha…

Funny 😄 

Edited by Strog
  • Haha 1

Â