Jimzk5

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You can guarantee they’ll show up next week when we play them . We’ve not turned up at their ground for a few seasons now. We always fold and aren’t up for the fight. Be a very tough game. 

We did manage a win there a couple of years ago (an El Ghazi penalty after a braindead tackle from Semedo on McGinn) but generally yeah we have a pretty average record there and I expect them to turn it on next week. I'm optimistic that we'll have too much for them though. 

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We did manage a win there a couple of years ago (an El Ghazi penalty after a braindead tackle from Semedo on McGinn) but generally yeah we have a pretty average record there and I expect them to turn it on next week. I'm optimistic that we'll have too much for them though. 

I can’t even remember that game it’s been blurred by crap showings by us at their place. When we got beat 3-2 at Villa park having been 2.0 up I don’t think I’ve ever been so angry regarding football. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I can’t even remember that game it’s been blurred by crap showings by us at their place. When we got beat 3-2 at Villa park having been 2.0 up I don’t think I’ve ever been so angry regarding football. 

Was no fans at the game and was around Christmas I think, Ramsey made his first league start 

Think we won with ten men

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was no fans at the game and was around Christmas I think, Ramsey made his first league start 

I wasn’t watching games then because it just didn’t feel right , so no recollection. 

Absolute toss.

Brighton had 8 shots on target and scored 6 goals because wolves kept given them the ball and then having no defence or central midfield to protect. 

Whoever their CB was today was atrocious. 

Hopefully they're as friendly as that next week.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

both teams got a red at the end. a mike dean special with an absurd number of yellows handed out. and Semedo gave us the three points with that dumb tackle

• Like 1

Wouldn't put it past them to have lost on purpose to give Brighton the three points, then turn it on against us next week for their cup final and try to derail us going for Europe. Proper goblins. 

• Like 1

All i'm seeing on social media is their main aim now this season must be to stop us getting into europe by winning on Saturday.

Imagine going from ambitions of qualifying for european football yourself to now having a mini cup final where the grand prize is to stop someone else doing it.

How small time.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Haha 1

Just had a look on their forum . Over the moon of course they are. Some very delusional people on there. Bigger fan base than the Villa? More fans scattered about outside the midlands?  Playing down our successes ?  Granted they do get pulled up by some of their lot on there, but really?  I know plenty of wolves and Villa fans in Rugeley Pretty equal I’d say .  Good club wolves is , but what a load of crap. Apart from the 50s/60s it’s Villa all the way. 

It's ok lads we lost the battle but won the war that is the mind gap cup!

I am content with our direction as a club.

Wolves need to be clever in the summer or will be circling the drain again.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They're celebrating so much because they think yesterday keeps them in the PL and keeps us out of europe

Says it all really

Thats whats small fry teams like blose do.

If they want ti be like that let them as they alk they have now as we have now finished above them which tells you we are better than them

Once emery gets his own players in it will be a different story next season 

Big summer for them.

Neves will leave, Matheus Nunes aswell probably and Joao Moutinho is closer to 40 than 30 these days and might be released aswell so that's pretty much all their midfield.

I was wondering mid season why on earth they were signing Mario Lemina as I was never that impressed by him at Southampton but in fairness he did the Casemiro role of disrupting our ball carriers near edge of the box very well so he's at least one who'll be there next season in midfield.

Upfront is well documented. I couldn't understand why start of season they bombed out Coady and just thought Kilman-Collins would be enough so they rectified it by getting in Craig Dawson who has been a fantastic short term signing for them and we were so pre occupied with him on the set piece we forgot other players in their team can head the ball.

Something will have to go very wrong with our summer recruitment if we get to the 34th game next season and they're within range of finishing above us so they will only be an irritant in the league duels but of course can also take points off teams we want to finish above aswell.

If any midlands club knocked us off our perch in terms of top dogs it’s Leicester , but their time is also over by looks of it. Since our last trophy they have won a league title , fa cup and two league cups . 

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Big summer for them.

Neves will leave, Matheus Nunes aswell probably and Joao Moutinho is closer to 40 than 30 these days and might be released aswell so that's pretty much all their midfield.

I was wondering mid season why on earth they were signing Mario Lemina as I was never that impressed by him at Southampton but in fairness he did the Casemiro role of disrupting our ball carriers near edge of the box very well so he's at least one who'll be there next season in midfield.

Upfront is well documented. I couldn't understand why start of season they bombed out Coady and just thought Kilman-Collins would be enough so they rectified it by getting in Craig Dawson who has been a fantastic short term signing for them and we were so pre occupied with him on the set piece we forgot other players in their team can head the ball.

Something will have to go very wrong with our summer recruitment if we get to the 34th game next season and they're within range of finishing above us so they will only be an irritant in the league duels but of course can also take points off teams we want to finish above aswell.

If neves goes i think they will have an even worse season than this year. I cant believe he is still there. He is too good for wolves.

Lemina never would have been that good if kamara was playing for us and 100% he is far better player

Â