Jimzk5

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

And they’re losing Collins and Moutinho. They’re going to really struggle next season. 

I'm sure that dodgy agent will have something lined up to bridge the "gap" 😂 

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I'm sure that dodgy agent will have something lined up to bridge the "gap" 😂 

The thing is (and you’re right, he will), it is only going to work out so many times. Eventually, you’ll land on a squad of players that won’t really want to be there and a lack of quality because players haven’t adapted quickly enough. 

They’ve had their fair share of bad luck with injuries but I look at the players that made them a strong outfit in this division…

Neto - Injuries have ruined him
Jimenez - understandably never the same player after injury
Moutinho - class, but gone
Neves - class, but gone
Coady - linchpin but gone downhill

Players like Podence and Traore will likely move on. Costa has gone (but gave them something). Nunes doesn’t want to be there. Cunha last scored in 2017.

I don’t know, it just seems like a mess. They might just be good enough to scrape 15-17th, but it won’t be pretty for them next season. Especially with a manager who doesn’t want to be there either 

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

And they’re losing Collins and Moutinho. They’re going to really struggle next season. 

Moutinho was a great signing but really wasn't playing much in run in.

Collins is interesting. I thought he looked like he had huge potential at Burnley but seems the Wolves fans don't rate him and Brentford are interested.

I never really got why they loaned out Coady so I assume he'll be back and it will be him, Dawson, Kilman and that Toti guy so it's not a terrible collection of CBs and their defensive record was very good at home from January onwards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The thing is (and you’re right, he will), it is only going to work out so many times. Eventually, you’ll land on a squad of players that won’t really want to be there and a lack of quality because players haven’t adapted quickly enough. 

They’ve had their fair share of bad luck with injuries but I look at the players that made them a strong outfit in this division…

Neto - Injuries have ruined him
Jimenez - understandably never the same player after injury
Moutinho - class, but gone
Neves - class, but gone
Coady - linchpin but gone downhill

Players like Podence and Traore will likely move on. Costa has gone (but gave them something). Nunes doesn’t want to be there. Cunha last scored in 2017.

I don’t know, it just seems like a mess. They might just be good enough to scrape 15-17th, but it won’t be pretty for them next season. Especially with a manager who doesn’t want to be there either 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Nathan Collins still seen as a good prospect, he wasn't entirely impresseive last season from what I've read, but Wolves fans still disappointed to lose him as he's still young for a defender and has good potential; they bought him with the idea that he's someone that they will make a big profit on, but are having to sell him just a year later for a much smaller profit than they would have imagined, Brentford seem to know what they're doing in the transfer market so that's an endorsment in of itself.

Adama, Neves, Coady, and Moutinho gone this summer with probably more to follow, that famous Nuno era team disappearing.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Nathan Collins still seen as a good prospect, he wasn't entirely impresseive last season from what I've read, but Wolves fans still disappointed to lose him as he's still young for a defender and has good potential; they bought him with the idea that he's someone that they will make a big profit on, but are having to sell him just a year later for a much smaller profit than they would have imagined, Brentford seem to know what they're doing in the transfer market so that's an endorsment in of itself.

Adama, Neves, Coady, and Moutinho gone this summer with probably more to follow, that famous Nuno era team disappearing.

good player Collins, and right up Brentfords street, capable on the ball, 6ft 4, will add even more to their set piece danger.

A few on their thread saying we are gonna go be screwed with FFP and one said we will be the next Everton.

They really have no idea what's happening at Villa Park do they?

They are in for a shock. And it's going to be hilarious. 😁 

• Haha 1

Oh how the mighty have fallen! In April 2016 when we went down, i remember a lot of crowing from Wolves Leicester and Cov fans. I just kept my head down and mouth shut as i knew we would be back at some point, keeping a dignified silence. Funny how the tables have turned in such a short space of time XD

Looks like a major rebuild for them this summer.

Already sold Coady & Neves, Collins is off to Brentford, Kilman is wanted by Napoli.

Adama & Moutinho gone too.

Can see them struggling next season

They've rejected £35m bid from Napoli for Kilman but may accept £40m according to Ornstein.

Fabio Silva, Sa, Podence, Rayan Aït-Nouri, and Jiménez look like they're leaving as well, possibly others too.

Going to have a big rebuild job.

16 minutes ago, useless said:

They've rejected £35m bid from Napoli for Kilman but may accept £40m according to Ornstein.

Fabio Silva, Sa, Podence, Rayan Aït-Nouri, and Jiménez look like they're leaving as well, possibly others too.

Going to have a big rebuild job.

Wow. They’ll be really struggling if even some of those join the others who’ve already left. Has Uncle Jorge got bored with them? 

Big risk to bring in a lot of new faces on a budget. 

12 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Wow. They’ll be really struggling if even some of those join the others who’ve already left. Has Uncle Jorge got bored with them? 

Big risk to bring in a lot of new faces on a budget. 

I imagine with their money drying up, Uncle Jorge will switch his attention to another club to line his pockets instead. 

Percy released article saying they had to sell players to raise money and were going to concentrate more on cheaper signings, eight to fifteen million, Wolves didn't confirm that figure, but they then themselves released a statement pretty much confirming everything else, they mixed it with confirming that Lopetegui would be staying, so from what I've seen has been fairly well received by Wolves fans as they see the sales as allowing him to build his own team.

Off those players being linked away, Ornstein is pretty reliable and Percy too has been reporting that he will be sold if an high enough bid comes in, they have a surpluse of left-backs, Aït-Nouri, Bueno, Johnny, and Giles, so at least one of those will be leaving, maybe two, Podence I think is just leaving because isn't rated any more and in the last year of his contract, Fabio Silva's agent and father has said publicly that he wants to leave, and Sa and Jiménez I think are more just rumours, Jiménez hasn't been the same since injury so stands to reason they will look to replace him if possible, not sure why there are rumours about Sa, but have seen Wolves fans talking as if he's leaving.

Apparently Lopetegui has previous for changing the whole team in short space of time.

Â