Jimzk5

33 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Some big figures leaving them this summer in a squad that already looks flawed, limited money to work with and manager looks miffed. It'll be a worrying season for Wolves.

Wouldn't be surprised if they go down next season.

They'll still play like men possessed against us though. Small-time club.

• Like 1

I appreciate I don’t really get FFP, but…what?

I thought it was beneficial to extend contracts. And wouldn’t any “re-signing” essentially amount to being a free transfer and therefore negligible with regards to FFP?

Obviously if the new contracts were significantly higher wages that would be an impact, I get that. 

Regardless, it comes across like a bit of a mess. Did the board just lie to him when he arrived and tell him there was a war chest for the summer? Or is it more the case he knew there would be limitations and he’s now painting he board as the bad guys so if he doesn’t get what hr wants, his reputation is left intact?

24 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they go down next season.

They'll still play like men possessed against us though. Small-time club.

They also beat Spurs and Brentford at home at least. Also Liverpool 3-0 in early February so one of those teams that tends to be very difficult to beat away for top half teams.

If they make some poor defensive signings in the summer they'll be down there for sure as that's basically what kept them up.

Finished with a -27 goal difference and lost more matches than Everton and Forest as well.

Neves, Moutinho, Traore and Jimenez likely to be gone this summer. 

Could be in real danger of dropping next season. Keeping the coach/manager will be key. 

• Like 1

Moutinho (and Costa) gone,

Neves and atleast one of Traore and Jimenez likely to follow.

Add that to their new policy of not spending big on players and they're one of my favourites for the drop.

Lopetegui to pull a MoN and quit late in the window when one of the players are sold and he doesn't get funds he's promised.

Moutinho will be a huge blow for them

The biggest problem they could have is what just happened to Leicester where even the bigger name good players start to question what they're all about anymore and drop off

I'd expect a summer where they scrimp and scrape plus one gift from uncle Jorge but the slow steady decline has set in

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Traore leaving is a huge bonus for them

Didn't they turn down big bids for him a year or two back?

• 2 weeks later...

Strange what's going on with Neves, he apparently desperate to sign for Barcelona, they're offering Fati in swap deal as they can't afford fee, but Fati doesn't want to go to Wolves and Xavi doesn't see him as priority anyway, that deal looks like it might be off, Mendes offering him to other clubs such as Newcastle and Arsenal but both have moved on to other targets, Wolves desperate to sell him as need the money and he's only got one year left on his current deal, the way it's going he might end up staying and signing a new contract.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Strange what's going on with Neves, he apparently desperate to sign for Barcelona, they're offering Fati in swap deal as they can't afford fee, but Fati doesn't want to go to Wolves and Xavi doesn't see him as priority anyway, that deal looks like it might be off, Mendes offering him to other clubs such as Newcastle and Arsenal but both have moved on to other targets, Wolves desperate to sell him as need the money and he's only got one year left on his current deal, the way it's going he might end up staying and signing a new contract.

Hope he's got a relegation clause. 

spacer.png

Neves supposedly leaving every summer, but never does, and it's seemingly because the big clubs don't actually want him or aren't prepared to pay the money. But this summer is available for around £25m as in the last year of his contract, so would be surprising if someone doesn't take a chance on him.

Might be wrong here but didn't he wave goodbye at the last gone game? I know moutonho did obviously as he's retired (and will be the bigger miss)

I think they're going to need fabio silva to come good in order to not be dragged in to the relegation fight

Neves said his goodbye to fans last game of 2021/22 season and was apparently almost in tears and obviously didn't move after all, don't know if he did the same season just gone. If they can't sell him will have to sell other players, I read they're hoping for £30m for Kilman, but that not going to be enough to fix their squad unless Fosun put some money in, so might have to sell others too, trouble is they haven't got that many players they can sell for big money the few that might fetch big sums will be players that Loputegui will want to keep.

Â