Jimzk5

1 hour ago, useless said:

Neves supposedly leaving every summer, but never does, and it's seemingly because the big clubs don't actually want him or aren't prepared to pay the money. But this summer is available for around £25m as in the last year of his contract, so would be surprising if someone doesn't take a chance on him.

For £25m he'd be worth it, but he's not a top quality player. Man Utd / Liverpool would benefit from signing him. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

He did indeed do a very big emotional goodbye at the final game at the Custard Bowl. 

Two years running!

My brother (Dingle) has always raved about him being the best midfielder in all of the galaxy but it seems Wolves can barely give him away.

Lopetegui confirms he's staying

Twenty millioin bid turned down from Brentford for Collins

Conor Coady and Ryan Giles going to be part of first team squad after loans

Any new signings will be in the eight to twenty million bracket.

Neves, Podence, Jose Sa and Rayan Ait-Nouri all free to go

They want to keep Collins and Kilman but they too might be allowed to leave for the right price

Forty-fve million wanted for Neves - 🗣️ 'given he's got just one year on deal that seems steep and might explain why Mendes struggling to find a buyer'..

Reliable journalist reports that Neves going to Saudi for fifty-five million Euros to play for Al-Hilal. If that price is right then it's pretty incredible fee for Wolves, considering he's only got one year left on his contract.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Reliable journalist reports that Neves going to Saudi for fifty-five million Euros to play for Al-Hilal. If that price is right then it's pretty incredible fee for Wolves, considering he's only got one year left on his contract.

Neves has sold his soul to the devil. Im sude he probably had better and  bigger clubs to sign for but going for a big pay day

I think wolves are going to be **** without him personally 

• Like 1

Going to Saudi at 26, money grabbing word removed!!!  I hate how some players do this, careers over then. He could have moved to another club for at the very least 60k a week, is this really not enough these days???

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Neves has sold his soul to the devil. Im sude he probably had better and  bigger clubs to sign for but going for a big pay day

£50m for someone with 12 months on his contract is great business. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

he was likely going this window anyway...barca have been heavily linked. they now have 50m to invest in a replacement though

we gotta get in on this saudi stuff. how much will they give us for wesley do you think?

The Neves deal has shades of Oscar going to China a few years back when they were chucking silly money at players.

Both good youngish players with a lot more to give to the game instead of cashing in to an inferior league. 

Ive no doubt Neves could’ve got a move to a bigger club in the Prem but no club here would match the reported salary. 

In a way a great resolution for the Dog Heads - decent fee and knowing they’ll never face him in an opposing team. 

• Like 2

On the one hand Wolves getting a good fee for Neves but on the other hand they're having to play £45m for Cunha who from what I've read hasn't been very good for them, in a way they've essentially swapped Neves for Cunha.

I doubt they will spend anywhere near £50m on Neves replacement, Percy reporting this week that they're going to look to spend between eight and fifteen million on individual players and they themselves released a statement pretty much confirming what Percy had wrote, maybe this Neves sale presuming it goes ahead will allow them to spend a little more his replacement than they otherwise would have done, but I don't think they will be going crazy.

It's not just Neves that will need replacing, a bunch of their other players look like they will be leaving too, and regardless of who stays or goes, they still need to buy just to improve their squad.

Â