Jimzk5

2 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

To be fair he went from champions league to the championship for I assume money reasons so it’s not a shock he chooses Saudi blood money 

100 bloody percent correct. I don't blame Neves, but clearly you can go for glory or go for big money - I think he has his head screwed on. He played for Wolves! Lol. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

If Saudi want to pump £50m at you for a player with 1 year left on his contract - everybody takes it. This is the real money men showing their power. They will keep doing it. 

Then they can loan them all to newcastle for peanuts

Wont shock me if he stays for one year then ends up at Newcastle 

Interesting suggestion, Al-Hilal or any of the saudi state owned clubs could transfer someone to Newcastle for an ‘undisclosed’ fee, i.e. nothing.

Do clubs have to disclose the transfer fees to someone, just not the public? 

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Interesting suggestion, Al-Hilal or any of the saudi state owned clubs could transfer someone to Newcastle for an ‘undisclosed’ fee, i.e. nothing.

well all transfers need to be ratified by the PL...now i'm not sure what that process entails but one would assume that part of that is that the transfer is somewhat around market value? i.e. a 26 year old regular of a tier 1 nation in his prime with 4 years left on the contract would have a market value of more than nothing

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

interesting. seems that they can indeed sign them for the saudi league, then send them to newcaslte for nowt, were that to be their wish:

https://www.ft.com/content/ee668cd3-1927-411c-ab7b-dfecb19c9f08

Uefa’s report also cautioned that the increasing prevalence of the multi-club model “has the potential to distort” the transfer market for players because “an increasing percentage of transfers being executed within multi-club investment groups at prices that suit investors, rather than at fair values”. “Most movement of players within multi-club investment groups is via ‘free transfers’ or loans, meaning that no fees are paid,” it added.

one would hope, that the first time we see someone sent to newcastle on a free, there will be immediate steps taken to get that loophole closed

Edited by tomav84

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

If Saudi want to pump £50m at you for a player with 1 year left on his contract - everybody takes it. This is the real money men showing their power. They will keep doing it. 

Great new tool for clubs to get around FFP aswell. Isn't a Saudi club interested in Ziyech so you can see Chelsea offering likes of Pulisic and Lukaku to that league aswell and bank on one inflated fee.

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Its possible but Saudi Arabia are looking to host the World Cup soon. Its better for the product if players want to play there

Newcastle could have probably signed Neves for 30 million considering contract situation

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its possible but Saudi Arabia are looking to host the World Cup soon. Its better for the product if players want to play there

Newcastle could have probably signed Neves for 30 million considering contract situation

Yeah but if they loan him (no idea if that's actually going to happen, just speculating) then Newcastle are taking on no risk. They can take a look at him for a year, work out a deal with the puppet club if they like him (or just loan him again) or if it doesn't work nae bother mate. 

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So the PIF now own Newcastle, Chelsea and four clubs that exist outside of the reach of FFP?

I have a horrible feeling that Neves won't be the first of these.

FWIW, Wolves look like they might be in trouble.

From what I've seen it only says the PIF use Clearlake to make investments and they are one of several firms they use. 

Is there anything showing they are actually shareholders in Clearlake?

I don't think it will happen as they only announced he was staying last week, but Lopetegui being linked with a move to Saudi now to manage Al Hilal. Probably lazy link as it's the same team that Neves is signing for.

Â