Jimzk5

Number of times each Midlands team has finished in the highest league position since the start of the Premier League:

1. Aston Villa - 18 times
  2. Leicester City - 5 times
  3. West Bromwich Albion - 3 times
  4. Stoke City - 2 times
  5. small heath alliance, Nottingham Forest, Wolverhampton Wanderers - 1 time each

Massive ey um?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Number of times each Midlands team has finished in the highest league position since the start of the Premier League:

1. Aston Villa - 18 times
  2. Leicester City - 5 times
  3. West Bromwich Albion - 3 times
  4. Stoke City - 2 times
  5. small heath alliance, Nottingham Forest, Wolverhampton Wanderers - 1 time each

Massive ey um?

More a tragic tale of Midlands football than anything. 

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

More a tragic tale of Midlands football than anything. 

It is but come on wolves trying to give it the big un . When we played them about 4-5 years ago they had a complete sell out of 30k and it was their biggest crowd since 1980 or summat daft like that . Good club big ish club too but for all our misery and  lack of recent success they aren’t in the same league regarding size and also potential. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just had a look on their forum . Over the moon of course they are. Some very delusional people on there. Bigger fan base than the Villa? More fans scattered about outside the midlands?  Playing down our successes ?  Granted they do get pulled up by some of their lot on there, but really?  I know plenty of wolves and Villa fans in Rugeley Pretty equal I’d say .  Good club wolves is , but what a load of crap. Apart from the 50s/60s it’s Villa all the way. 

Yeah I see what you mean. They've got some seriously deluded fans on there and they've convinced themselves they have this far superior following around the country. They're not even joking which is the scary thing!

3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Yeah I see what you mean. They've got some seriously deluded fans on there and they've convinced themselves they have this far superior following around the country. They're not even joking which is the scary thing!

Definitely got blinkers on . I Usually bump into Villa fans abroad, but I support Villa so I notice them easier than I would other clubs. In the uk I see quite a few Villa shirts whether it be down south or up north when on holiday.  We have a top 10 fan base in England regarding numbers , they definitely don’t.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Definitely got blinkers on . I Usually bump into Villa fans abroad, but I support Villa so I notice them easier than I would other clubs. In the uk I see quite a few Villa shirts whether it be down south or up north when on holiday.  We have a top 10 fan base in England regarding numbers , they definitely don’t.  

You don't even have to go that far being a Brummie living South Birmingham no Wolves fans.  Moved to Shifnal first experience of them and fair enough they outnumber us but still plenty of Villa.

35 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

You don't even have to go that far being a Brummie living South Birmingham no Wolves fans.  Moved to Shifnal first experience of them and fair enough they outnumber us but still plenty of Villa.

But they have fans all over the south , loads on south coast and around London . Shit loads up north too. Pity absolutely nothing backs that up for them. I don’t think any midlands clubs fan bases stretch that far other than their own regions. We probably do the best outside the midlands but we just ain’t fashionable clubs to support and too many periods midlands clubs are crap apart from Leicester’s short spell recently .

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

But they have fans all over the south , loads on south coast and around London . Shit loads up north too. Pity absolutely nothing backs that up for them. I don’t think any midlands clubs fan bases stretch that far other than their own regions. We probably do the best outside the midlands but we just ain’t fashionable clubs to support and too many periods midlands clubs are crap apart from Leicester’s short spell recently .

My experience is they must be invisible then!

9 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Not turning up when opposition is not Aston Villa.

Can these get relegated next season? Please.

They will miss their big day out.

wonder what they did with all those “mind the gap” t-shirts? 

7 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

They will miss their big day out.

wonder what they did with all those “mind the gap” t-shirts? 

Please let us never sink to that level.

They are not our rivals. Has never been our rivals. Will never be our rivals.

They can obsess all they want, won't change a thing.

20 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Please let us never sink to that level.

They are not our rivals. Has never been our rivals. Will never be our rivals.

They can obsess all they want, won't change a thing.

We never would. It’s a sign of their low level.

Â