Rino8

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I guess Klopp gave many of youngsters an opportunity to play against some world class players. Great experience which will do them good. 

With mane, salah and thiago on the pitch you could make an argument that some of these kids will never play vs better players, including the ones that go on to have 10 years playing in the PL with us... 

55 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's an absolute cock. He was talking before the game and was smirking while he talked about Salah and Mane getting hattricks and aiming for double figures.

Everyone expected us to be comfortably beaten, but he was visibly excited about it. Can't stand the bloke.

I was at work so had to listen on talkshite and got annoyed when sam matterface said "liverpool have completed 220 passes, aston villa just 14" followed by a bellow of laughter

As for klopp, I'm looking forward to his next interview blaming fixture congestion when they lose. The camel faced word removed

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I was at work so had to listen on talkshite and got annoyed when sam matterface said "liverpool have completed 220 passes, aston villa just 14" followed by a bellow of laughter

As for klopp, I'm looking forward to his next interview blaming fixture congestion when they lose. The camel faced word removed

Natalie Sawyer dumped him for being a word removed. You can see why.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I guess Klopp gave many of youngsters an opportunity to play against some world class players. Great experience which will do them good. 

What. Thats a bullshit comment, he is a piece of shit. offered little sympathy to our plight. An absolute prick

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robby b said:

Hey I just had an idea, how about if we get Graeme Souness a lawnmower for his birthday?

How would we do that? Pool together to buy one then send it to sky studios? Or would we stalk his address then post it to him like that? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

How would we do that? Pool together to buy one then send it to sky studios? Or would we stalk his address then post it to him like that? 

Sure Gabby would volunteer to drive it to him if we asked :D 

Forrest Gump Mowing Lawn GIF | Gfycat

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

What. Thats a bullshit comment, he is a piece of shit. offered little sympathy to our plight. An absolute prick

Why would he offer sympathy? He probably wants to win the cup, he has every right to go for it. It's not his fault we had a Covid outbreak.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Why would he offer sympathy? He probably wants to win the cup, he has every right to go for it. It's not his fault we had a Covid outbreak.

Yeah - I think he said he’s basically kept with the team that they had been working on for the game. They weren’t to know we’d be struck down with a Covid outbreak and, to some extent, it would be silly to mess up your plans for it. 

There’s nothing really to complain about. Our youngsters have had a great experience playing against some genuinely world class players, scored a goal and didn’t get absolutely hammered. In many respects, I think Liverpool handled it all well. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah - I think he said he’s basically kept with the team that they had been working on for the game. They weren’t to know we’d be struck down with a Covid outbreak and, to some extent, it would be silly to mess up your plans for it. 

There’s nothing really to complain about. Our youngsters have had a great experience playing against some genuinely world class players, scored a goal and didn’t get absolutely hammered. In many respects, I think Liverpool handled it all well. 

I cant argue. They had no need to change their plans and they didn't and as for sympathy he actually made his side stronger with his substitution at half time.

Thiago is a world class player and arguably better than Henderson.

There is no room for sympathy in football but its hard to see the decision to go so strong against such a weekend team in a good light is it?

1 minute ago, MarkLillis said:

I cant argue. They had no need to change their plans and they didn't and as for sympathy he actually made his side stronger with his substitution at half time.

There is no room for sympathy in football but its hard to see the decision to go so strong against such a weekend team in a good light is it?

I think whatever Liverpool did here, they basically "can't win".  Field a weakened side and they aren't showing the competition the respect, play a full strength side and they're being ridiculous - so they stuck with the team they were going to play before the Covid outbreak.  There's literally nothing to criticise there.

They didn't play to their full capacity, so our lads didn't take an absolute dicking, and they've all now played against genuine top class players.  Someone has Salah's shirt, someone has Mane's, Louie Barry has Fabinho's, etc etc.

For what it's worth, the experience for our lads just isn't the same if we play against a reserve Liverpool side. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

For a guy that clakms there are too many games compact and kts unfair this was a perfect opportunity to rest his big players yet he exposed himself to be a lying sniverling little toad.

He wanted to make an example of our kids.  Screw him a utter prick that i have lost a lot of respect for. I hope manure thump them next week 

11 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Very liberal use of the word "arguably" there. If have gone for "easily" or, at a push, "a million times".

Barry's goal was a great moment that told me we were doing well. Going into half time at 1-1 was as good as a win given the circumstances. But Thiago coming on to change the game was the icing on the cake. One of the world's absolute best; that's what it took for Liverpool to finally break our youngsters down.

I'm glad he played such a strong team. I'm especially glad he made it even stronger as the game went on. Brilliant experience for our academy. The loss clearly didn't bother them in the slightest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

For a guy that clakms there are too many games compact and kts unfair this was a perfect opportunity to rest his big players yet he exposed himself to be a lying sniverling little toad.

He wanted to make an example of our kids.  Screw him a utter prick that i have lost a lot of respect for. I hope manure thump them next week 

As has been said, he continued with the plan he'd already made. Our situation changes nothing, nor should it. It was never his problem.

On the other hand, I agree that it undermines the mantra he's been spouting off for the last few months about needing to rest players. None of his prior actions backed up his argument, and this team selection was the final nail in the coffin. He can have no more arguments.

54 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

But, if you are gonna play Salah and Mane and Fabinho against 16 year olds, don't ever complain about subs, or fixtures, or the winter break.

Great manager, great team, but full of shit.

Exactly. He could have still played an experienced and strong line up by resting Salah, Mane, Henderson, Fabinho, Winjnaldum and not bringing Firmino on. They're his starters in most games. 

He could have started Ox, Shaqiri and Origi, who have hardly played this season. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

Klopp like Liverpool totally lacks class or self awareness, they are made for each other.

Klopp is perfectly entitled to pick whatever side he wants, no issue with that. However he lost any right to bitch and moan about fixtures congestion, tired players, protecting players, injuries or the number of subs last night. Or rather can bitch about it if he wishes but he should be called out for his hypocrisy if he does.

I’m sick of the false media narrative around what a nice guy Klopp is.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Klopp is perfectly entitled to pick whatever side he wants, no issue with that. However he lost any right to bitch and moan about fixtures congestion, tired players, protecting players, injuries or the number of subs last night.

Not for me. This game came after no midweek game, their next game is more than a week away. He picked a weakened side and took off key players after an hour. Fixture congestion is not 3 games in 3 weeks, while rotating the squad, which is what is the current situation.

The fixture congestion talked about is Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday type stuff of 3 games in a week and where the resulting injuries and suspensions leave clubs and people struggling.

Yes he’s complaining on behalf of his interests as LFC manager and I’ve little sympathy’s with the 5 subs thing, but otherwise what he’s complaining about is something basically affecting all clubs to an extent, especially because of the compressed season. For me all the managers have every right to point out the risks of overwork and injury to players.

• Like 2

Â