Rino8

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

They'd be signing him to make a splash. Getting him cheap doesn't help with that but paying silly money does. He'll go for £100m+ and could be £150m.

It's the same reason they pay Gerrard a fortune and he's the 4th best paid coach in the world. Its not for his coaching skills.

I think it’s a lot to do with Saudi Arabia being a bit of a hole with a very low quality league and people wouldn’t otherwise go there.

I really don’t think Salah will command a huge transfer fee. 

I think if the Saudi's offered to take him off Liverpool on a free, they'd have to consider it.

He's got maybe one more useful season left in him and he's paid almost £20m a year.

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think if the Saudi's offered to take him off Liverpool on a free, they'd have to consider it.

The whole situation is Salah angling for a move this summer now Liverpool's season is effectively over.

Liverpool will be nowhere near the title next season, Salah knows this. He wants his 1,000,000 per week in Saudi + unlimited endorsements etc. 

17 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

The whole situation is Salah angling for a move this summer now Liverpool's season is effectively over.

Liverpool will be nowhere near the title next season, Salah knows this. He wants his 1,000,000 per week in Saudi + unlimited endorsements etc. 

I think Salah also knows his days of being a star in the Premier league are pretty much over too - he'll be looking for his retirement village contract somewhere.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Salah also knows his days of being a star in the Premier league are pretty much over too - he'll be looking for his retirement village contract somewhere.

Definitely. He is the highest profile Muslim player in the world. He could get more attention, endorsements and money than Ronaldo? 

8 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Definitely. He is the highest profile Muslim player in the world. He could get more attention, endorsements and money than Ronaldo? 

They'll pay him a fortune, I just don't think they need to pay Liverpool a fortune to get him, in some ways they'll be glad to get him off the wage bill.

Yes Liverpool missed the boat not selling him for £140m last summer like they should have. Now the Saudis will probably pay half that for him but it's still a good deal for Liverpool. 

54 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They'll pay him a fortune, I just don't think they need to pay Liverpool a fortune to get him, in some ways they'll be glad to get him off the wage bill.

They won't let him go cheaply. And certainly not free.

The Times reporting that Richard Hughes, the new Liverpool sporting director, will lead talks to secure a new deal for salah. Expected to see out final year of contract and then be a key figure under the slot regime 

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

The Times reporting that Richard Hughes, the new Liverpool sporting director, will lead talks to secure a new deal for salah. Expected to see out final year of contract and then be a key figure under the slot regime 

Good luck 🤣

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I'm presuming a new deal means "one that isn't £400k a week" - if he's happy to accept a massive pay cut, he's probably got another couple of seasons as a rotation option in him.

It's like the media think he's still 26.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm presuming a new deal means "one that isn't £400k a week" - if he's happy to accept a massive pay cut, he's probably got another couple of seasons as a rotation option in him.

It's like the media think he's sill 26.

Will be interesting to see the outcome of those discussions, he’s still a fantastic goalscorer but obviously not the player he was a few seasons ago. He might see it as a huge insult if they offer a much lower deal, especially as he will have pretty much every state owned Saudi club interested in his services 

Hadn't realised his contract only has one more year to go, for some reasons I thought he had three more on it.

Not sure if that makes him less valuable in terms of a fee or not, but it probably reduces the need for Liverpool to get rid - what you don't want if you're them is to be left paying him £400k a week once he's gone full Agbonlahor - they've got the contract length about right, there's a year left in him.

There's a very fine balance between finding the right wage to offer him for a new contract now to protect his value and getting left holding the expensive has-been baby in 2025-26.

If they let him go on the cheap then their fans will turn on them. 

He's Hero worshipped, they expect big fees for their players and they'd see it as an insult as they're all idiots.

Would Liverpool be that much worse off without him? They're a finisher away from pushing City for the title. They've gone to pot the last few weeks but still had chances. Salah's output looks decent on paper, but he's scored 12 PL goals from open play, the rest have been penalties. If they got a decent offer they'd surely sell him, so long as they have a decent replacement lined up. Nunez and Gakpo don't look like doing it, whilst Jota and Diaz have been quite injury prone. No way do they sell Salah without a top replacement being lined up and confirmed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Why would Salah go on the cheap?  If Saudi want him they'll probably have to pay £100m+

Yep. Maybe not £100m but certainly not cheap. Unless he decides to run his comtract down and pocket the "transfer fee" in increased wages.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Why would Salah go on the cheap?  If Saudi want him they'll probably have to pay £100m+

Because he'll be 32 in the summer, he's visibly not the player he was last season and he's lost a step, plus he'll be out of contract at the end of next season and he's on an enormous wage. He's on the verge of becoming a weight on Liverpool's shoulders - he's arguably not good enough to start for them, but the fans love him, there's an opportunity to pass him on to the only people in the world that might want to satisfy his wage demands and Liverpool won't want to offer him a deal much longer than a couple of years which is unlikely to be what he wants.

Salah has been brilliant, but age catches up on players for whom pace is a massive part of their game more than it does on others - he's just not a £100m player at 32 with 1 year left on his contract - if he was headed somewhere like Germany rather than Saudi, they'd be very lucky to get half of that.

33 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yep. Maybe not £100m but certainly not cheap. Unless he decides to run his comtract down and pocket the "transfer fee" in increased wages.

Yeah that’s what makes most sense for Salah.

Take the £30m wages for this year.  

Then he’s a free agent, sign for a Saudi club next summer for a massive signing on fee and massive wages.

Â