Rino8

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I was listening to a podcast yesterday (forget which one), they were discussing whether Pickford should be banned until VVD is able to play again. I’m not entirely sure they weren’t serious, the fact they even raised the topic shows the level of hype around this at the moment. 

Yep well it's unprecedented really. This is the first time in football history that a player has had his knee injured badly by an opponent, so I'm sure they'll figure out what's fair to do going forward.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Yep well it's unprecedented really. This is the first time in football history that a player has had his knee injured badly by an opponent, so I'm sure they'll figure out what's fair to do going forward.

2020 has been rife with #unprecedentedtimes 

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

No it wouldnt they would make one comment and get on with it

All I can say is people must watch sports news a lot because all i hear all day is coronavirus news, the injury to vvd i have probably heard mention twice. Its not exactly been front page news

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, sne said:

Guess Plop will be in the market for a CB or 5 in January as it looks like Joe Gomez is now also out for the season or close to.

Won't be long before this happens to one of our players. Glorified international friendly games and during Covid as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Incoming Klopp rant in 3...2...

It's about time someone changed the rules to help him.

Gomez out for months, TAA out for a month and Van Djik out for the season.

The thing is, it should be hard when you lose three players to injury - that's sport - there should be some luck, there should be random factors, the biggest team shouldn't always win.

So please, let him rant until his teeth rattle, I can understand his frustration, but let's not go changing the game to make it easier for money off the back of it.

I look at teams like Bayern and how they can drop Lewandowski, Muller and Kimmich and yet they are still a great force and play the same football.

Honestly, while it's unfortunate for Liverpool, surely this goes back to squad depth that maybe they just don't have. And if they don't, why didn't they address this in the summer.

2 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Won't be long before this happens to one of our players. Glorified international friendly games and during Covid as well. 

Indeed. I think the congested fixture list was reason enough to cancel these international breaks, but on top of that, considering the lengths clubs are going to in order to keep their players in bubbles, and the impact on clubs if a single player shows symptoms, it's absolute **** madness that these games are going on.

The Nations League is glorified friendlies, but this week we've got actual friendlies, while clubs have been playing twice a week most weeks just to fit league games and the domestic cups in in. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Indeed. I think the congested fixture list was reason enough to cancel these international breaks, but on top of that, considering the lengths clubs are going to in order to keep their players in bubbles, and the impact on clubs if a single player shows symptoms, it's absolute **** madness that these games are going on.

The Nations League is glorified friendlies, but this week we've got actual friendlies, while clubs have been playing twice a week most weeks just to fit league games and the domestic cups in in. 

The problem is that the various bodies only make money from their own games - to get things cancelled there would have had to have been an offer of compensation, the clubs were in absolutely no mood to consider that.

It’s all just so they can keep two extra players happy (or more happy) every week whilst expanding their options during a match.

Player health and safety doesn’t even come into it, how many times has Klopp or Pep sanctioned a pain relief injection to get someone through a game when they really needed them I wonder.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villaglint said:

Spot on OBE, thought Andros Townsend made an excellent point earlier in the week.

He said both Klopp and Pep are complaining about not being able to make 5 subs and saying it is directly leading to more players getting injured but then in Sundays game Pep makes 1 sub and Klopp makes 2!

Can't be that worried about the players.

I can't verify it but someone said Pep has made the fewest substitutions in the league this year. 

I find it hard to believe he's made less than us but you never know!

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Incoming Klopp rant in 3...2...

It's about time someone changed the rules to help him.

Gomez out for months, TAA out for a month and Van Djik out for the season.

The thing is, it should be hard when you lose three players to injury - that's sport - there should be some luck, there should be random factors, the biggest team shouldn't always win.

So please, let him rant until his teeth rattle, I can understand his frustration, but let's not go changing the game to make it easier for money off the back of it.

No chance of his teeth rattling, that’s something money did enable him to fix.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, villakram said:

Squad rotation matters. 3 subs only.

Rotten look for Gomez, but he has history and unfortunately once you've done a knee once, you are far more likely to do it again.

wasnt it Ben Mee who did the first tackle as well

They'll be o.k.

They've only conceded 3 goals in 3 games since Van Dijk injury. Think I said elsewhere Milner's the sort who'll have a go in central defence given he's played pretty much every other position in his career (may be confusing him with someone else but didn't he go in goal for Liverpool once?).

They'll have to make do with Fabiano, Matip and the young CBs but it's only 6 weeks until window opens now. Not like Klopp was that worried about protecting the defence v Man. City as he actually unloaded the central midfield and went with 4 attackers so he'll just try to outscore teams over next period.

Think TAA injury will hurt them more as no idea who Liverpool back up RB is (could be Milner again I guess) and so teams will get more support the other side so they stop Robertson going up and down the left.

• Like 1

Â