Rino8

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought there was some kind of injured on international duty compensation scheme set up by fifa about 5 years ago

I think after Michael Owen crocked his knee for England something was set up. I’m pretty sure the FA paid out money for that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Witt the amount of cases worldwide now  it makes you wonder why footballers are travelling around the world to play internationals. 

Money. Same reason it resumed in the summer. Player welfare isnt important from the associations to the clubs and worse of all the managers

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Money. Same reason it resumed in the summer. Player welfare isnt important from the associations to the clubs and worse of all the managers

To be fair players are at low risk of developing serious conditions but they can spread it. 

2 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Liverpool fans want the season cancelled now. No shock, they wanted the same last... oh, sorry. No, they wanted it to continue last time. My bad.

I would accept the season ending at this point, just as long as we are allowed to play our game in hand against Brighton and go top.

• Like 2

Apparently Andy Robertson is injured now too. A thigh strain but no idea how serious.

Jamie Vardy is going to have a field day against then next weekend :D 

Shocking amount of muscle injuries to top players now and it has nothing to do with bad luck. It's too many games and too much strain. Couldn't have happened to a nicer club thou.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Shocking amount of muscle injuries to top players now and it has nothing to do with bad luck. It's too many games and too much strain. Couldn't have happened to a nicer club thou.

And they they don’t even make their 3 subs in most matches, so they are obviously happy with the risk.  

It’s not like they don’t have strength in depth to cope with it IF they wanted to.

Is this the usual modus operandi from the FA when a player get's injured on international duty?

FIFA to compensate Liverpool and pay Joe Gomez's £80k-a-week wages while he's injured

Joe Gomez was injured while on international duty with England in what is a major blow to Liverpool but FIFA will pay the defender's wages in his absence.

The Liverpool defender suffered the blow during training having joined up with the Three Lions squad.

And football's governing body will pay the Reds £2m to cover his salary amid fears Gomez could be out for the season.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-joe-gomez-injury-latest-23012975

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Silver lining - think of how much he can sell them for next summer! 

Net spend World champions will be back again 

If Bournemouth get promoted back into the Premier League...

shut up and take my money GIF

• Like 2

Â