Rino8

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I don’t think all is well behind the scenes at Liverpool. There has been a few strops on the field, and aimed at Klopp when being subbed. Players running down their contracts and others talking to the press about moving.

starting to sound a bit like Klopp last days in Dortmund, I think next season will be his last at Liverpool as his style of play only has a short life cycle. He will have learned from his disastrous last season in Dortmund not to stay around too long

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

starting to sound a bit like Klopp last days in Dortmund, I think next season will be his last at Liverpool as his style of play only has a short life cycle. He will have learned from his disastrous last season in Dortmund not to stay around too long

I wonder who they go for next. Tuchel?

Unless they win it low won't survive the euros 

Don't think Klopps management style, want of control and day to day in the players heads stuff would necessarily work but it might take tuchel off the market 

Someone will get nagelsmann in the next couple of years 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I dunno about 'an investigation' necessarily, but it's absurd for a referee to be blowing for half time five seconds before the end of the alloted minute of added time, especially given that a] the ball had gone out of play during that minute IIRC, and b] Liverpool were in the midst of an attacking action.

I don't like to agree with Liverpool fans, but that was a poor decision IMO and there is a persistent problem with referees adding inadequate amounts of added time.

I agree it’s odd, but investigated??? Typical precious Liverpool.

That the ball went out and that Liverpool were attacking are irrelevant the time is the time irrespective of what is happening. 

I really don’t think this is a persistent problem, in fact I can’t recall ever seeing a ref blow up before the minimum time.

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I really don’t think this is a persistent problem, in fact I can’t recall ever seeing a ref blow up before the minimum time.

All the more reason to investigate why it happened this time then 😉 

On whether it is persistent or not, it's worth noting that in the Spurs Brighton game last week a Brighton player was booked for time-wasting during added time, and then the ref blew for full time without adding anything extra on, which is obviously a slightly different issue but also quite related to how referees manage added time.

• Like 1

Added time appears to just be a complete mystery really. It'd be about as consistent if they drew a number from a hat. How often this season have we seen 3-4 minute stoppages for VAR alone, yet only 1 or 2 minutes stoppage time added on? 

Added time should be done like the rugby, the match clock should pause for breaks and stoppages.

I really don’t know why they don’t do this already tho suspect it has something to do with advertisement/sponsors or some other related commercial crap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Isn’t he out injured but prior to that had something like 9 in 17? Struggling to see how he has been a big miss.

He scored crucial late winners at home to Sheffield United and West Ham and also got a goal at Brighton so without those 5 points Liverpool would barely be above us. Also scored hat trick at Atalanta in CL so when he got injured his run at Liverpool was 8 goals in 11 games. Considering they handed a rare start for Shaqiri yesterday he'd have been a much better option.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

On whether it is persistent or not, it's worth noting that in the Spurs Brighton game last week a Brighton player was booked for time-wasting during added time, and then the ref blew for full time without adding anything extra on, which is obviously a slightly different issue but also quite related to how referees manage added time.

It's up to the ref really. For example two teams make double subs at the same time. Should two minutes be added on given it's supposed to be 30 seconds per sub even if losing team has players sprinting off the pitch and their stoppage takes less than 30 seconds? Plenty of subs take less than 30 seconds to complete.

3 minutes was actually generous yesterday given there were no goals, no VAR check and there were only 3 subs made up to 89th minute mark. I think at times more stoppage time is added on than needed but refs like to play to the drama if a big team is losing.

Would love over a few seasons to have a look at the games Man. United and Liverpool are losing home and away by one goal as opposed to winning by one goal and seeing how much extra time is added for games they're losing in, I reckon it would be average of two extra minutes which is a bit stupid as we're saying Man. United and Liverpool never time waste when just a goal up which is complete nonsense.

Perhaps there should just be a clock ticking down but the ball is barely in play for 60 minutes of a game so they'd go on for nearly 3 hours with VAR stoppages!

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

They have 24 goals this season but only 8 assists between them, no indication but from the eye they rarely pass to each other

Big decision for Klopp in the summer, he has to get rid of Salah or Mane so he needs to decide which one. Probably needs a Firmino replacement too

Salah doesn't pass to anyone if there's even a 1% chance he could get a shot away, the greediest player in the league

• Like 1

Just now, andym said:

Salah doesn't pass to anyone if there's even a 1% chance he could get a shot away, the greediest player in the league

Glad I'm not the only person noticing this! I was only saying in yesterdays game that it looked like he and Mane had some sort of issue with each other.

4 minutes ago, andym said:

Liverpool fans havent really warmed to him because of this. His record is incredible but he is one dimensional

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Salah has been very quiet in recent games. He will go but guess its going to break the transfer record to buy him. 

Nobody is paying 220 million for Salah even in the old market, Liverpool be lucky to get 80

Â