Rino8

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Klopp could have played whatever team he wanted, he has every right to play whatever team he sees fit.

But, if you are gonna play Salah and Mane and Fabinho against 16 year olds, don't ever complain about subs, or fixtures, or the winter break.

Great manager, great team, but full of shit.

The reaction to this is hilarious. There’s 9 days until they play Man Utd - that’s a large break in football terms. It has no bearing on his complaints of fixture congestion, so why would he suddenly rest a load of players?

Just now, blandy said:

Not for me. This game came after no midweek game, their next game is more than a week away. He picked a weakened side and took off key players after an hour. Fixture congestion is not 3 games in 3 weeks, while rotating the squad, which is what is the current situation.

The fixture congestion talked about is Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday type stuff of 3 games in a week and where the resulting injuries and suspensions leave clubs and people struggling.

Yes he’s complaining on behalf of his interests as LFC manager and I’ve little sympathy’s with the 5 subs thing, but otherwise what he’s complaining about is something basically affecting all clubs to an extent, especially because of the compressed season. For me all the managers have every right to point out the risks of overwork and injury to players.

Blind hatred of Klopp/Liverpool is all that drives it tbh. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Blind hatred of Klopp/Liverpool is all that drives it tbh. 

No, not at all. I’m not blind to anything re Klopp and certainly don’t hate him. Labelling other people’s views as such simply because you don’t agree with them is really quite childish logic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No, not at all. I’m not blind to anything re Klopp and certainly don’t hate him. Labelling other people’s views as such simply because you don’t agree with them is really quite childish logic.

So how does Klopp lack class for playing a strong side when his next fixture is over a week away?

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So how does Klopp lack class for playing a strong side when his next fixture is over a week away?

Please read what I actually said. I said he and Liverpool lack class, that’s a wide and general point. I also said he is entitled to pick whatever side he likes.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Please read what I actually said. I said he and Liverpool lack class, that’s a wide and general point. I also said he is entitled to pick whatever side he likes.

While talking about picking his team, you’ve said he and the club lack class and have implied that he isn’t a nice guy because of it.

I don’t get how this demonstrates either?

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

While talking about picking his team, you’ve said he and the club lack class and have implied that he isn’t a nice guy because of it.

I don’t get how this demonstrates either?

No. I made a point about him and Liverpool, said that he was free to pick whatever side he wanted but that to then moan about issues he has moaned about is hypocritical. 

Just now, TrentVilla said:

No. I made a point about him and Liverpool, said that he was free to pick whatever side he wanted but that to then moan about issues he has moaned about is hypocritical. 

Ok, so the lacking class and not being a nice guy which was completely irrelevant to the discussion was mentioned as a “wide and general point” rather than “blind hatred”... but my response was childish? :D 

Just now, bobzy said:

Ok, so the lacking class and not being a nice guy which was completely irrelevant to the discussion was mentioned as a “wide and general point” rather than “blind hatred”... but my response was childish? :D 

The discussion? I didn’t quote anyone, or respond to any discussion. I posted my opinion on Klopp and Liverpool in the Liverpool thread so no not irrelevant in the slightest.

I didn’t  say your response was childish, I said it’s childish logic to label an alternative option to your own as being blind and driven by hatred with absolutely no basis. I stand by that.

My view is really quite simple, I think Liverpool as a club lack class in how they conduct themselves quite frequently. I think the same about Klopp who changes very quickly when he doesn’t get things his own way yet this smiling nice myth (in my opinion) persists.

He was entitled to pick whatever side he liked (as I said in my original post) last night but people myself included are again in my opinion entitled to question the merit of his 5 subs call on the back of it. There will be others such as Blandy who disagree, I in turn disagree with him. Doesn’t mean my views are blind or driven by hatred.

If you disagree with me, absolutely fine I’ve no issue with that, I do have issue with the dismissive labelling of alternative views by making incorrect accusations of being driven by hatred. I could easily make alternative statements about those who’s views differ from mine, which I’m sure you wouldn’t like. It would just be nice to be able to debate or disagree on things on here without that sort of stuff.

Anyway, I’m out. I’m going to go sharpen my pins and find my Klopp voodoo doll. 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The discussion? I didn’t quote anyone, or respond to any discussion. I posted my opinion on Klopp and Liverpool in the Liverpool thread so no not irrelevant in the slightest.

I didn’t  say your response was childish, I said it’s childish logic to label an alternative option to your own as being blind and driven by hatred with absolutely no basis. I stand by that.

My view is really quite simple, I think Liverpool as a club lack class in how they conduct themselves quite frequently. I think the same about Klopp who changes very quickly when he doesn’t get things his own way yet this smiling nice myth (in my opinion) persists.

He was entitled to pick whatever side he liked (as I said in my original post) last night but people myself included are again in my opinion entitled to question the merit of his 5 subs call on the back of it. There will be others such as Blandy who disagree, I in turn disagree with him. Doesn’t mean my views are blind or driven by hatred.

If you disagree with me, absolutely fine I’ve no issue with that, I do have issue with the dismissive labelling of alternative views by making incorrect accusations of being driven by hatred. I could easily make alternative statements about those who’s views differ from mine, which I’m sure you wouldn’t like. It would just be nice to be able to debate or disagree on things on here without that sort of stuff.

Anyway, I’m out. I’m going to go sharpen my pins and find my Klopp voodoo doll. 😀

Maybe I should have said “it’s driven by their general dislike of Liverpool and Klopp” ;) 

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

What. Thats a bullshit comment, he is a piece of shit. offered little sympathy to our plight. An absolute prick

You let your hatred for the man get in the way of objective thinking. 

2 hours ago, Greenfly said:

As has been said, he continued with the plan he'd already made. Our situation changes nothing, nor should it. It was never his problem.

On the other hand, I agree that it undermines the mantra he's been spouting off for the last few months about needing to rest players. None of his prior actions backed up his argument, and this team selection was the final nail in the coffin. He can have no more arguments.

If thats what you want to believe totally fine. I believe he wanted to make a example of our kids as his teams out of form. This guys been constantly bitching about fixture congestion despite having a decent size squad. But it didnt go to script. I remember how much deano praised their kids last year. Klopp didnt really say much and seem geunine to me, like milner was post match.

Yeah i agree with your second  paragraph though mate 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Because he has been bitching  at every opportunity about fixture  pile up. He could have put mane and salah on bench. But he wanted to make a example  of our kids. In his mind it was lambs to the slaughter. Delighted  the kids humilated him when  Barry scored.

One of the best goals all season for me. That took the smug look off his face

4 hours ago, Greenfly said:

Why would he offer sympathy? He probably wants to win the cup, he has every right to go for it. It's not his fault we had a Covid outbreak.

Because our players have a potentially serious illness which he tried to ignore in his pre game interview so could talk aboit himself 

Nobody cares about the actual game in reality

• Like 1

You can be a great manager, of a great club, with great success, numerous trophies, the best squad AND be full of shit at the same time.

These characteristics aren't contradictory. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

If thats what you want to believe totally fine. I believe he wanted to make a example of our kids as his teams out of form. This guys been constantly bitching about fixture congestion despite having a decent size squad. But it didnt go to script. I remember how much deano praised their kids last year. Klopp didnt really say much and seem geunine to me, like milner was post match.

Yeah i agree with your second  paragraph though mate 👍

What did milner say?

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Because our players have a potentially serious illness which he tried to ignore in his pre game interview so could talk aboit himself 

Nobody cares about the actual game in reality

Yeah this is the thing for me. By all means play the strongest team you want (although I think that bringing on champions league winners at a point when our kids could hardly move was pretty brutal) but it shouldn’t be a difficult interview to show a bit of sympathy for the circumstances surrounding the game.

It’s a lack of class which a lot of people surrounding Liverpool have shown around this whole situation from the idiots on social media to Michael Owen getting off on the prospect of a cricket score and hat tricks for Mane and Salah. If roles were reversed I’d imagine that Smith would act with far more class than Klopp showed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Not for me. This game came after no midweek game, their next game is more than a week away. He picked a weakened side and took off key players after an hour. Fixture congestion is not 3 games in 3 weeks, while rotating the squad, which is what is the current situation.

The fixture congestion talked about is Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday type stuff of 3 games in a week and where the resulting injuries and suspensions leave clubs and people struggling.

Yes he’s complaining on behalf of his interests as LFC manager and I’ve little sympathy’s with the 5 subs thing, but otherwise what he’s complaining about is something basically affecting all clubs to an extent, especially because of the compressed season. For me all the managers have every right to point out the risks of overwork and injury to players.

If it was being pointed out in good faith, yeah sure.

But since the start of the pandemic all the big clubs have done is seek ways to capitalise on it all and it’s sickening.

I’ve always had a particular distaste for Liverpool admittedly but their efforts to change the structure of the game to better suit themselves (and the other ‘elites’) goes against every aspect of fair competition. No surprise of course they’re US owned.

• Like 2

Â